The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Quote from: spitllama on May 24, 2012, 02:32:25 PMZunawe's ring is for graduating high school. Yours is for graduating college/university. I think it makes a bit more sense to get a university class ring.

Actually I haven't graduated yet. For some reason they would only sell them to sophomores through the school. I like high school, and it's something I'll remember for the rest of my life (unless I lose my memory), so I thought it would be worth it. I'll probably wear it until my finger falls off.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

MaestroUGC

You do realize the class rings are mostly for decoration, right?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

It's more personal preference. Lots of people wear their class rings.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

spitllama

A ring worn by students and alumni in the United States and Canada to commemorate their graduation, usually for high school, college, or university.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

fingerz

Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Zunawe

Everybody in my parents' generation got class rings for high school and wore them.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

fingerz

Must be an American custom. We don't have that here. ;)

Nebbles

I never saw an interest in class rings.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Zunawe

I would say that about 20 people out of 4000 in our school got rings. It really isn't popular at all.

I just had a pickle. I love pickles.

I program things

MaestroUGC

It's more for tradition now than anything else.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DrP

Quote from: fingerz on May 24, 2012, 03:53:55 PMMust be an American custom. We don't have that here. ;)
It is. Back in the 1960s, guys gave their class rings to their "sweethearts" as a symbol of going "steady". Its been a pretty American thing.

I got mine in when I was a junior in high school and I have no idea where it is now. I'll for sure get a college one because I am proud of my Mustangs!!!

Nebbles

Hm... homework, I'll finish you later.

Oh, I'm also getting an academic award for some reason.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.