The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

By saying "making sense" you probably offended everyone that's NOT a conservative. Wonderful job!

As Kefka said... open minded and reasonable.

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Mashi

im a conservative
constitutional monarchy and enlightened despotism woooo

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on May 09, 2012, 06:15:51 PMAm I the only conservative on this forum?

Just when I thought I could talk to people who made sense. ;D

No one answer that please, you'll just prove my point. lol.
What point are you trying to make?

I think I could be seen as "conservative" in some ways myself. But on things like gay rights, by not giving gays the same rights that us "straight" folk enjoy, we are subordinating them as lesser human beings(which they so totally are not, I mean... have you seen they're taste in fashion? It's FABULOUS ;D). But wanna know who else treated a minority as a lesser human being because they felt it was their God given right? WHITE MAN.(To the Africans and Native Americans and Jews and just about every other race on the planet). And last time I checked, slavery and genocide are NOT considered good things. While denying marriage rights is obviously far less extreme, it still implies the same principle.

So if Obama has finally decided to come out of the political closet and fling his full support behind gay rights, I say good for him.

I'm almost going to regret posting this in fear of having it be the catalyst to an NSM bi-annual gay people argument. I suppose I can just blame it on Kefka for posting a video with Obama in it. Or blame it on Obama for being in a video which Kefka would feel obligated to post. Scapegoating: it's a wonderful tool.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Nebbles

Or let's NOT have one. Or carry it to PMs. NEW TOPIC!

so, uh, I got my prom shoes. Yeah.

SuperFireKirby

Are they shiny? If not you should demand a refund.

SHINY THINGS FTW

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Any and all arguments against it are based in misguided and inferior religious logic. Such arguments are plain discriminatory which is against rules :)

And man, the shoes that came with my tux were so snazzy, I could do like 20 spins with one whirl on the heel.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Yes, they are! They're very lovely.

Did I mention my mom is a boss and MADE MY DRESS? YEAH.

Shadoninja

Wild cute kittens appeared!

you are now calm and don't feel like yelling.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

SlowPokemon

Quote from: ChrisLeeFan1118 on May 09, 2012, 06:15:51 PMAm I the only conservative on this forum?

Just when I thought I could talk to people who made sense. ;D

No one answer that please, you'll just prove my point. lol.

I could be seen as "conservative" but if you totally only accept one side's point of view without considering the other's then something's totally wrong... also yeah no real argument against gay marriage makes sense ;P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FluteNinja

Those kittens are sooo cute Shado.  I'm just saying ::)
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

Winter

Winter

DrP

I'm a conservative. I believe in the constitution and what it stands for. I believe in a small government, keeping out of people's personal lives. I believe in personal freedom. I believe in free speech.

What Obama has done is a big step for any president, being the first to openly endorse gay marriage.

When it comes to rights like this, concessions have to be made. I personally believe that the term "marriage" should not be applied to a situation like this. Marriage is an archaic, religious term to describe that union. By the US Constitution, I believe that is in direct conflict. What should be done: Marriage ABOLISHED for all parties, a new form (with a new name and new legal rules) of "domestic partnerships". I BELIEVE in extending the rights that marriage bestows on couples at the Federal Level (Joint Tax returns, insurance and social security benefits, and other abilities currently banned by DOMA). I believe DOMA should be repealed once a consensus like this can be pushed at the Federal level. But first and foremost, people need to be open-minded about the future and come to a BI-PARTISAN understanding... though many Republicans will completely ignore things like this. LBJ had to do this to the Southern Congressman with the Civil Rights Amendment, by providing a harsher outlook on Vietnam.

And all this stuff about North Carolina and President Obama is going in one of my slides for my presentation on Wednesday.

We shall see what happens as the election comes closer. My main priorities are what's going on with job growth and unemployment, education and immigration. Once we can get the first one under control, we can focus on matters like this gay issue, healthcare and other things Obama has for the country. He may have a vision, but it would work better with a stable economy and a budgetary surplus.