News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxus21

Quote from: B-Kpianist on July 15, 2008, 11:54:18 AMhopefully we'll get more banjo stuff today (and possibly a demo on XBL?)

i must say i allways like BK
i hope there will come a free demo or a free game for the wii
or maybe an entire game

Mike

Quote from: Nakah on July 14, 2008, 04:41:47 PMNintendo doesn't own them, Rare does. rare had a contract with Nintendo, then Microsoft bought Rare. So no Nintendo no longer owns any of the Rare franchises.

Though Rare was a second party to Nintendo, so Nintendo somewhat owned them and anything created while they were under Nintendo was also owned by Nintendo except Rare owned the copyright for the content. So technically, just like the issues with Goldeneye, Nintendo still owns Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie no?

B-Kpianist

Nintendo owns DK, not B-K, if they did, B-K:N&B would be on wii instead of 360. Not sure about all the legal stuff, but i know they don't own b-k

ZeldaFan

Does anyone know of some really good, upbeat Nintendo songs I could play? I can't find any good ones. And I don't want them to be super-hard/-fast, etc..

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

B-Kpianist

this one is amazingly awesome:
Windy: Conker's Bad Fur day/Live and Reloaded

it's upbeat, catchy, and awesome. That's the remade version, the original was on N64. Recommend that one :)

Nakah

What happened to the Piano Videos sub-forum?

Mike

Quote from: B-Kpianist on July 15, 2008, 01:18:55 PMNintendo owns DK, not B-K, if they did, B-K:N&B would be on wii instead of 360. Not sure about all the legal stuff, but i know they don't own b-k

You're not putting your reading eyes on. Nintendo doesn't own the copyright to the Banjo-Kazooie franchise or the characters, but I'm pretty sure that the two first games, because Rare was owned by Nintendo, are under Nintendo's name because they published the game (same way a label can sue people for downloading an artist's album). The franchise itself is owned by Rare so they can do whatever they want for the future games (same way an artist can go to another label if he wants to). To prove my point, the Nintendo logos will still be in the XBLA versions. So Nintendo probably said sure you can let people download it, as long as we can put Banjo-Kazooie on the Virtual Console and you keep the Nintendo logos.

Palagerini

Quote from: Nakah on July 15, 2008, 03:33:35 PMWhat happened to the Piano Videos sub-forum?
was there ever one? i didn't notice.... =P
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Composer #40

Quote from: Nakah on July 15, 2008, 03:33:35 PMWhat happened to the Piano Videos sub-forum?

Nobody around with either the skills or a camera. :-\

It happens Every. Day!

Davey

O.o I am bored of all vidja games. I need to start renting. So poor right now...

PseudoMario16

Quote from: ZeldaFan on July 15, 2008, 02:42:00 PMDoes anyone know of some really good, upbeat Nintendo songs I could play? I can't find any good ones. And I don't want them to be super-hard/-fast, etc..
i dunno, you could try the super mario bros overworld, or how about the handcar havoc mini game from mario party- you can find it in olimar12345 submissions list
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

B-Kpianist

Quote from: Mike on July 15, 2008, 07:22:59 PM
Quote from: B-Kpianist on July 15, 2008, 01:18:55 PMNintendo owns DK, not B-K, if they did, B-K:N&B would be on wii instead of 360. Not sure about all the legal stuff, but i know they don't own b-k

You're not putting your reading eyes on. Nintendo doesn't own the copyright to the Banjo-Kazooie franchise or the characters, but I'm pretty sure that the two first games, because Rare was owned by Nintendo, are under Nintendo's name because they published the game (same way a label can sue people for downloading an artist's album). The franchise itself is owned by Rare so they can do whatever they want for the future games (same way an artist can go to another label if he wants to). To prove my point, the Nintendo logos will still be in the XBLA versions. So Nintendo probably said sure you can let people download it, as long as we can put Banjo-Kazooie on the Virtual Console and you keep the Nintendo logos.
well that makes sense, but i'm not entirely sure (gamer might know). So the same would apply to Conker's Bad Fur Day right?

KefkaticFanatic

Fat chance you'll ever see that game on a Nintendo console again.

me irl
[close]

noxus21

so its true that there is a BK game for the 360

KefkaticFanatic

...there has been one in production for some time now.  And the first game is going on the Xbox Live Arcade.

me irl
[close]