News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

Quote from: Nebbles on October 15, 2011, 04:09:00 PMI wanna go all around Europe. /sigh :C I'm so jealous.
Yeah... you can definitely BE jealous :D. I want you to come to europe someday and then I make a guided tour throughout Europe for you... :D:D:D:D:D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

triforced1

Quote from: dahans on October 15, 2011, 04:07:43 PMHave you got the postcard yet? Anyway, it's not really expensive. The train ticket is 320â,¬ (about 350$) for 22 days, which is a really great offer. We really didn't want to get on this expensive ferry but it was the only one who brings us to Holland in time. (it's 50â,¬ per night which is not really much actually) We generally sleep at youth hostels or at friends' places so we save a lot of money too. I expect that I will spend about 1200â,¬ on this trip. My parents gave me 200â,¬ and I worked one month for my father (950â,¬)
I just today got your postcard from Brugge. I'm glad you're having a wonderful time!
Anyway, that's really cheap for a trip throughout Europe. My band is going to Europe in 2 summers from now, I think it'll be to London, Paris, Alsace(?), Venice, and Berlin. I'm looking forward to going ^^

Ruto

Wahhh I am so jealous XD

It still seems like a lot to me though. Maybe it's because the job I work at pays me about $7/hour before taxes -.- I can probably go once school's finished. Dunno how long that will take.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

dahans

Quote from: triforced1 on October 15, 2011, 04:21:50 PMI just today got your postcard from Brugge. I'm glad you're having a wonderful time!
Anyway, that's really cheap for a trip throughout Europe. My band is going to Europe in 2 summers from now, I think it'll be to London, Paris, Alsace(?), Venice, and Berlin. I'm looking forward to going ^^
:D Yeah! :D But wtf is Alsace? xD Never heard of it. You should also come to Vienna! 5 hours from venice by train.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Mashi

I think he's referring to Alsace-Lorraine, which is a territory in France (I think).  It's historically famous because the Prussians took the land from France the Franco-Prussian War and used the territory to trick Austria into declaring war against Prussia, which permitted Prussia to unify Germany.  France took back Alsace-Lorraine after WWI, but if I recall correctly, the Germans occupied it again in WWII, so I'm not sure whether it belongs to Germany or France, but considering that that the Allies won WWII, I would presume France.

EDIT: Actually, I lied.  I was getting Alsace-Lorraine confused with some other territory Prussia used I think.
Just researched it, Prussia used Schleswig-Holstein to instigate the Seven Weeks' War against Austria.

triforced1

Actually, not Alsace, we're going to Lucerne. I get  those confused for some reason :P

MassiveMayhem

Quote from: dahans on October 15, 2011, 04:07:43 PMHave you got the postcard yet? Anyway, it's not really expensive. The train ticket is 320â,¬ (about 350$) for 22 days, which is a really great offer. We really didn't want to get on this expensive ferry but it was the only one who brings us to Holland in time. (it's 50â,¬ per night which is not really much actually) We generally sleep at youth hostels or at friends' places so we save a lot of money too. I expect that I will spend about 1200â,¬ on this trip. My parents gave me 200â,¬ and I worked one month for my father (950â,¬)
Can I got on European adventures with you?

EDIT: I have like no money to my name.  My family and I hardly ever go on vacations.  GOOD GOD I WANT TO GO TO SPAIN AND MAKE USE OF MY SPANISH.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

DrP

Quote from: Mashi on October 15, 2011, 04:41:42 PMI think he's referring to Alsace-Lorraine, which is a territory in France (I think).  It's historically famous because the Prussians took the land from France the Franco-Prussian War and used the territory to trick Austria into declaring war against Prussia, which permitted Prussia to unify Germany.  France took back Alsace-Lorraine after WWI, but if I recall correctly, the Germans occupied it again in WWII, so I'm not sure whether it belongs to Germany or France, but considering that that the Allies won WWII, I would presume France.

EDIT: Actually, I lied.  I was getting Alsace-Lorraine confused with some other territory Prussia used I think.
Just researched it, Prussia used Schleswig-Holstein to instigate the Seven Weeks' War against Prussia.

Alsace and Lorraine are separate Regions... Alsace is the easternmost Region in France

Alsace and Lorraine were used as a battleground between Prussia/Germany and the Kingdom/Empire/Republic of France. I love Lorraine food since it blends German and French foods together (Quiche Lorraine) and I love the blend together. The Capital of Alsace is Strasbourg, which certainly isnt a French name.

Quote from: Nebbles on October 15, 2011, 04:09:00 PMI wanna go all around Europe. /sigh :C I'm so jealous.
I do too! I'll probably do this after I graduate from Grad School and before I go to work..

I am just going to rent a car, fly into Madrid and travel throughout France, Switzerland, Austria, Germany and the Low Countries! And then I will Fly out of Paris! I Probably would go to Poland and Lithuania at a separate time!

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

I should go look for snacks, but I'm hungry.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Nebbles

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 15, 2011, 08:54:25 PMIsn't being hungry why people go look for snacks?

WOW I FUCKED THAT UP

I meant lazy, but I got food anyway

orz nebbles is an idiot /goes to corner

Nebbles