The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

So its the 9/11 tenth anniversary. A lot of brave men and women in the fire and police departments as well as innocent civilians just going to work lost there lives. But I can't help but think, as a result of our response to it 4,400 men and women in the US military have been killed in Iraq alone and over 100,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed. Not to mention that while 9/11 was a spectacle of terror, only 1,900 or so people died. Over 4,000 children die of starvation in the world every single day. Do you see thousands of people coming to see their names get read next to a monument built in their honor? I'm not trying to denounce 9/11 from being a tragedy, I'm just saying that a lot of worse shit happens in the world every day. But the terrorists made sure to perform this terrible act in a way which we would never forget. In that regard, I suppose they succeeded.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

triforced1

Quote from: Roz~ on September 11, 2011, 10:19:52 AMI honestly don't really care.
You're Canadian. In America, this country isn't just a place to live, it's a society where everyone is brought together as one. or at least that's how it used to be... You could at least show some sort of emotion.

Dude

I kinda agree with roz though...
Lots of shit has happened to America, so why is this one event so important? Because it was an attack on our own soil or so to speak?
I honestly don't know anymore.

Sure, lots of innocent people died, but the holocaust killed many more innocent people than the attack on the twin towers, right?

Sure, you don't associate a day with the holocaust, but you get my point.

I feel bad for the families, but you have to move on someday people... People die, get over it.

triforced1

I can agree with that, but still...

Anyway, let's get off this topic.

Roz~

Quote from: triforced1 on September 11, 2011, 10:24:54 AMYou're Canadian. In America, this country isn't just a place to live, it's a society where everyone is brought together as one. or at least that's how it used to be... You could at least show some sort of emotion.

I'm Canadian. Which means I am way more objective than you guys. Oh and my dad was supposed to be in one of the planes that crashed on the twin towers. Still, what's done's done. It's been 10 years since it happened, I think it's time for people to move forward. And I think that everything that happened after 9/11 is way more worse than what happened in NYC, kinda like SFK said. I also agree with what Dude said.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Dude

Quote from: triforced1 on September 11, 2011, 10:41:16 AMAnyway, let's get off this topic.
I blame spit.

And now I'm jelly of Harvest...

Edited because it wasn't obvious enough.

spitllama

Wow... who knew that wanting to remember those that died could be politically incorrect. Remembering and moving forward are two completely different things. Events don't just disappear because something else happens after it. So yes blame me for remembering a tragedy.

Why are we jelly of Harvest. Cause he's getting 60's chicks?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

I personally think that the people who went to help out the injured ones, endangering their lives and sometimes even losing them, are extremely cool.

It takes someone very strong to fight the fear, laziness, or even stupidity of risking your life to save someone else's.
Also, another reason to remember it is that the CIA supposedly received threats that Al'Qaeda was going to do it again.  :P
That would suck.

e:ANYWAYS my wooden staff broke and so I got my dad to buy a new one but the weight is all extra heavy and it's slower and I'm sad. :(
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

spitllama

Completely agree with Jub :)

And the smoking part is a bit of a turn-off for me tbh
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, it takes quite a bit of hotness to compensate for the fact that their mouth probably tastes like an ash tray.

Jub3r7

Dude

Quote from: spitllama on September 11, 2011, 11:02:12 AMWhy are we jelly of Harvest. Cause he's getting 60's chicks?
Remember why I was jelly of slow earlier? Look at the post number.

NOTE: IF I'M JELLY ABOUT SOMETHING, IT ISN'T ABOUT THE ITEMS IN THE POST, JUST THE POST/PAGE NUMBER.

Ok?

Jub3r7

So you're jelly of 1201?  ???

E:OH JK NEVERMIND.