The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

^Get your Gingerbread OTA Update yet?

I just got the developer version of Mango!! Let's see what this baby can do to my phone and all the new APIs and the new SDK can give me!

KefkaticFanatic

No, I've had a custom rom of gingerbread based on a leak of the ota for a week or two now.
CM7 should be on it by the end of the month-ish too :-)

me irl
[close]

DrP

CM7 is a beast. I rooted my EVO back in February and put it on. It's epic. The benchmark scores were like double from HTC Sense with FroYo.

Lets see what happens when Sprint gets SGSII "Within" next month and see what happens there.

Im putting my money I'm not investing into either a Galaxy Tab 10.1 or a Moto XOOM... I still don't know what to pick yet.

Cobraroll

91 dead. And it was the work of a right-wing extremist.

84 people killed at a youth camp at Utøya. Seven in a bomb attack in Oslo. This is a national tragedy, we didn't even see such massacres in WWII here. Flay the man, gouge his eyes out, tear his fingers off and throw him off a mountain.

Oh, and the weather is gloomy, with about 55 degrees Fahrenheit, for those who are interested.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

KefkaticFanatic

I just watched this a little bit ago, absolutely horrifying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E07Bu9pdgM

I always manage to depress myself for a little bit of time when I rediscover how terrible humanity can be.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Cobraroll

They did.

The maximum punishment in Norway is 21 years of confinement. In reality, he'll either die before that (killed by someone in prison) or be haunted for the rest of his short, miserable life after he's released. He can't hide. He can't run. He can scream, though.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

did they find the guy who killed all of those people at the youth camp?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 23, 2011, 12:52:15 AMI always manage to depress myself for a little bit of time when I rediscover how terrible humanity can be.

Nebbles

Quote from: Cobraroll on July 23, 2011, 01:12:20 AMThey did.

The maximum punishment in Norway is 21 years of confinement. In reality, he'll either die before that (killed by someone in prison) or be haunted for the rest of his short, miserable life after he's released. He can't hide. He can't run. He can scream, though.

Well, at least he's in prison - but what's going to happen now? Please say he worked alone and there's no one else killing people.

universe-X

So, I was chatting with Sipan on facebook.... lol, his profile picture is him standing next to a 10-year-old in a chair flicking the camera off. Wonderful.

As far as this massacre in Norway, it seems more people are concerned about the death of Amy Winehouse (in America, that is).... that is all.

Cobraroll

^Sure. Just twice as many victims as the Virginia Tech and Columbine massacres put together. Never mind that about seventy of them were children by definition.

Those are pictures from the aftermath of the Oslo bomb. I don't want to look up pictures from Utøya. Those are too terrible. These were people my age. Statistically speaking, there's a good chance I've talked to one of the victims once. I don't know if any of my friends are members of the AUF, or were at the island, but Facebook activity suggests that everyone I know are okay.

SuperFireKirby

I don't know, Amy Winehouse didn't make the front page of my newspaper. Why would people even care about some washed up crack whore's death after what happened in Norway? Further more, what sick bastard would open fire at innocent children? I hope this piece of filth has nothing but agony fill every single second for the remainder of his awful life.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Seeing 2 posts about Norway from you guys on Facebook compared to the dozen or so posts about Amy Winehouse is just really depressing. People >__>

Oslo looks like a war zone now...I saw pictures of the island earlier today, I just had to close down the page before I saw anything else.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

Yeah - seriously, what the hell? Why are people caring more about Amy Winehouse? Sure, death is tragic but with all the crap she did to herself...

A goddamn tragedy is way more important. So many lives are gone to due to some disgusting low-life.