News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

I (and everyone else I know with AT&T) never get dropped calls.  The "4G" is only at 10-15 MB/s down, but that's really the only issue.

me irl
[close]

DrP

really?!?!? EVERYONE I know with AT&T has had horrible stuff with them. It is probably 1) because of the iPhone and 2) Orange County <3s Apple. Back when I was in High School, people loved their phone but loathed AT&T, and with a massive onslaught of iPhones, AT&T became shambles as Verizon and Sprint built up lots of Cell towers to support it.

Apparently, AT&T is extremely amazing in Oregon and Washington (after looking into it) -- but prepare for hell if you ever visit Frisco or Smog-town/Disneyland

What is amazing, Verizon is installing 4G LTE towers in the city where I go to school, therefore I am switching once my contract's up in a year. (maybe they might have an epic windows phone with 4g by then -- and with lots of apps!)

universe-X

Quote from: Harvest on June 27, 2011, 04:13:50 PMI hate technology.  Especially phones.  and Twitter. Fuck Twitter.

I especially hate it when people tweet from their fucking phones.
And when those tweets show up on facebook.... all 117...

thank goodness for blocking it.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Ladies, ladies!  Clearly we are at a stalemate, since both phones are practically the same; and you should both be looking at the Droid 3 anyways.

SlowPokemon

D: I'm happy with my Droid 2 thanks very much.

Also lol 1 hour 30 minutes of battery. Just...uhh...I don't even
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

and that's why I kept 4G off and the display low and constantly plugged in.

I think I once maxed out the battery in 9 hours. My new phone can go 18 hours doing moderate tasks... soo much better!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 27, 2011, 07:36:36 PMD: I'm happy with my Droid 2 thanks very much.

Also lol 1 hour 30 minutes of battery. Just...uhh...I don't even
Cause you have decent service with verizon

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on June 27, 2011, 06:31:19 PMLadies, ladies!  Clearly we are at a stalemate, since both phones are practically the same; and you should both be looking at the Droid 3 anyways.
They basically are. Add the third one, the droid bionic.

KefkaticFanatic

I have a mediocre 12-15 hours when I keep 4G on, run Skype and Trillian 24/7, have a few other things like Tasker, Watchdog, and Lookout running, Pulse checking for updates every so often, a weather app always running and updating a temperature notification, a facebook app constantly updating with notifications that pop up, a 3D live wallpaper, as well as a few other things.

I hear you can get like 25+ hours if you actually keep a good watch on it...oh well :)

[<3 1930 mAh battery]

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 27, 2011, 10:32:07 PM[<3 1930 mAh battery]

HOLY SHIT! That is a massive battery. My EVO battery was 1600 mAh. No wonder

KefkaticFanatic

Yea, and I got 2 of em as at first one was acting up and only giving me about 8 hours, so AT&T just sent me out a brand new one.

me irl
[close]

Winter

My phone lasts has a 4-5 day battery life.

Horrible phone in every other aspect though.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

Quote from: olimar12345 on June 28, 2011, 11:58:26 AMI am cursed with sprint. :C
I have been cursed since 2006. I'll switch to Verizon and then to whatever works best up in Seattle.

KefkaticFanatic

If you can actually get LTE, the speeds can be absurdly fast (I've seen reports of 20mb/s)
Though we'll see how AT&T does when they roll their's out this summer/fall/whenever it was again.

me irl
[close]

Winter

Moving to Kefka's town sometime this summer most likely.

Dude