News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Dude

Mashi

I thought it was something I could get more excited over; like you being new New York. :(

universe-X

I thought New York had the sense to do that earlier.

Better late than never, I guess :P

Roz~

Want to buy 1 liter of tears but I can't find that book anywhere. On ebay the only one available is like ~42$.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

The Deku Trombonist

Ruto

Woke up 2 hours too early because my mom was searching through my bag to look for something.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

fabbemannen

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 26, 2011, 03:27:41 PMUnless you're importing a Galaxy S II from Europe for $800, nope.
It's basically yours, but better... Google Motorola Photon 4G

Quote from: Dude on June 26, 2011, 03:59:42 PMyay new york.
I am actually surprised it hasn't happened sooner -- usually New York is on top of things like that.

--
Its a totally boring day in the office, so I'm loafing around.

KefkaticFanatic

I guess you really are clueless when it comes to comparing phones, as the only difference is a slightly larger screen (which could result in worse battery life and therefore make it worse, not even counting the "perhaps too big" deal) and Sprint's network.

me irl
[close]

DrP

and then there's the bigger battery, the DDR2 memory, 8 MP camera, 1080p out and the updated version of the future of MotoBlur (which will instantly be replaced with some other launcher) -- not to mention it is on WiMAX, but that's kinda meh. I will end up switching to Verizon with LTE in June once my 2 yr contract is up.

Oh, right and Gingerbread, too.

I'd hate to give up WP7, but there just isn't great technology in that market, as well as a lack of apps that I need from more mainstream providers.

And my previous phone was an EVO 4G, and I love the 4.3 inch display and the change to a 3.7 on my arrive wasn't amazing, but the phone outgrew my tastes (and all the bloatware HTC put on really got on my nerves -- even the redos to the stock android apps) and if only WP7 Mango was out and I had better hardware

I just wish phones werent so expensive so I could change them out every few months -- just so many awesome ones to choose from. I spend way too much time looking at mobile phone news.

SlowPokemon

Me and my cousin's husband, who is a successful computer engineer, were talking about it and apparently with the 4G on or in use the battery lasts roughly 2 hours
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: drpamplemousse on June 27, 2011, 10:57:06 AMand then there's the bigger battery, the DDR2 memory, 8 MP camera, 1080p out and the updated version of the future of MotoBlur (which will instantly be replaced with some other launcher) -- not to mention it is on WiMAX, but that's kinda meh. I will end up switching to Verizon with LTE in June once my 2 yr contract is up.

The battery is smaller, DDR2 is negligible when you're dealing with modern mobile apps, the camera is fine if you don't care about actual photography and don't have a real camera, 1080p is already possible on the Atrix with a software update (likely coming with Gingerbread) and GB comes next month and can already be flashed thanks to the recently unlocked bootloader.

Please stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.  It only makes you look foolish.

me irl
[close]

Harvest

I hate technology.  Especially phones.  and Twitter. Fuck Twitter.

I especially hate it when people tweet from their fucking phones.
-

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 27, 2011, 12:53:23 PMMe and my cousin's husband, who is a successful computer engineer, were talking about it and apparently with the 4G on or in use the battery lasts roughly 2 hours
On my old phone, it was like 1h30 or so. It's cause the phone keeps on trying to send out a signal at a higher band than normal voice calls, EV-DO, 3G, EDGE, etc...

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 27, 2011, 04:00:35 PMThe battery is smaller, DDR2 is negligible when you're dealing with modern mobile apps, the camera is fine if you don't care about actual photography and don't have a real camera, 1080p is already possible on the Atrix with a software update (likely coming with Gingerbread) and GB comes next month and can already be flashed thanks to the recently unlocked bootloader.

Please stop trying to sound like you know what you're talking about.  It only makes you look foolish.
Foolish... hmmm... Oh, that's right. I really don't give a crap about AT&T. Enjoying your dropped calls much? Well, I only get 1XEV while in my room, but I still have a nice clear, crisp signal cause of CDMA...

The bad thing is that apparently this phone won't come with an unlocked bootloader, but it's just temporary until I get some epic superphone from Verizon (probably the Galaxy S II when it comes out, or some other superphone that Motorola, HTC, Nokia, or even LG develops something amazing. (Blackberry doesn't stand a chance until they can get QNX stuff going)

However, compared to the horrible shit that Sprint is offering (eg the EVO 3D -- already kinda a fail sans the 3D aspect and other stuff -- only the Nexus S could stand a chance, however it still only has the 1GHz single-core ARM cortex processor, no expandable memory or some other things, it still has epic Vanilla Android and a delicious Super AMOLED display), this is actually decent, and it has some business functionality with Corporate VPNs, better exchange support that the Atrix might get when the Gingerbread/Motoblur update occurs next month.