News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

You're all talking out of your fuckin asses.
-

universe-X

Anyways, Dude told me to go to IRC and there's never anyone there :|

Jub3r7

Okay so I'm secretly posting from my dad's computer.

Otherwise, I have ways of seeing what everybody posts, but the only way for me to post is to go on my dad's computer whenever he walks out of the room.

Journalism. When taking that class, they make you review basic punctuation for practically the whole first semester. Yech.
Only advantage is that your job might let you go to E3.

Psychology. Become a psychiatrist and expect to see me in your future.
All jokes aside, I have nothing against psychology.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Ruto

Quote from: Jub3r7 on June 25, 2011, 12:45:24 PMJournalism. When taking that class, they make you review basic punctuation for practically the whole first semester. Yech.
Only advantage is that your job might let you go to E3.

Psychology. Become a psychiatrist and expect to see me in your future.
All jokes aside, I have nothing against psychology.

Wow, seriously? My journalism classmates still get they're and there mixed up...

Psychology is probably fun to study but there's a joke at my school saying how all the kids who couldn't handle pre-med end up majoring in it. Nearly a quarter of all my former classmates were taking it...it's the one class were math (calculus) skills and basic English doesn't seem to matter as much

/bring cruel

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Harvest on June 25, 2011, 12:30:47 PMYou're all talking out of your fuckin asses.

And then there were statistics

http://gawker.com/5806468/what-college-degrees-are-really-worth?tag=college

Yea, you can talk about "do what makes you happy", but it starts to get hard to be happy when you can't even live off of what you like.

me irl
[close]

Ruto

^Ha, I saw that graph before...It's even sadder if you can't find your major on that graph (lol urban studies majors)

I know maybe some people would like to think that Plato, Socrates and Thucydides and whatever did what they wanted with their lives and were great at it, but most of these guys had gold mines outside of Athens or similar and came from already wealthy families that could deal with someone who couldn't possibly be paid (much) for their work.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Harvest

In Canada, that graph is the other way around roughly.

That is why our society is better.
-

ETFROXX

Well I'd like to thank you all for criticizing my choices.

Dude

I like your choices. Follow your dreams.

DrP

We do need more people to choose the liberal arts and such so they can get paid less... hahaha

Well, you all know what I'm majoring in, but I'll be that fancy blue line in 3 years, so that ain't bad for a person like me.

So, ETF, follow your dreams, follow your passion... because if you become a lawyer or a businesswoman and you don't really like it, then you will be miserable at your job.

ETFROXX

DrP

Woot! Another phone I am getting soon, it's so amazing -- gonna make Kefka's phone seem like one of those indestructible flip phones.

KefkaticFanatic

Unless you're importing a Galaxy S II from Europe for $800, nope.

me irl
[close]

Dude