News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on April 18, 2011, 07:26:47 PMI love that feeling. There are the people who think they know politics... and they get pummeled by the awesomes who know stuff

Haha yep. She was complaining about the fact that immigrants usually wear signs representing their religion and she said it wasn't right. The she said only us French Canadians should have the right to wear crosses/stuff like that.
She then said it should be like that for the RoC too, only "true Canadians" should have the right to wear something representing their religion.
Wtf. If you don't want to see any religious symbols then you shouldn't tell a couple of people they can wear something representing their religion in public while others can't.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperFireKirby

So yeah, Yanni was, well... how can I put this?
MIND BLOWING
No other non-Yanni concert can possibly compare.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

My lips are so sore from practicing my part for Poet and Peasant... it is so worth it. I almost have the entire part nailed!!!

I get to go Easter shopping tonight... since we don't have off, I get the opportunity to stay here and make food. Im making Pork!

Dude

HugoMeister

Quote from: drpamplemousse on April 19, 2011, 01:10:39 PMMy lips are so sore from practicing my part for Poet and Peasant... it is so worth it. I almost have the entire part nailed!!!

Played that a year ago for district orchestra, wasn't particularly fond of it. Repetitive and boring and easy and meh.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Harvest

Candidates Debate at my school today.  The Green Party candidate was actually extremely strong, in fact the strongest.  The rest were a bunch of stuttering fools.

Also, the Christian Heritage party said climate change is a myth, abortion needs to be illegal, and that income tax needs to be abolished.  I was in the front row and could not stop laughing whenever she said something.
-

DrP

Quote from: HugoMeister on April 19, 2011, 02:40:07 PMPlayed that a year ago for district orchestra, wasn't particularly fond of it. Repetitive and boring and easy and meh.

This is for Wind instruments only... so it can't compare. Violins (and other stringed instruments) have it easy with 16ths and everything. It's a little harder. I can play my part on piano easy, but with clarinet fingerings added (and a few silly keys that need to be fixed), ill bet it was harder. and it really isn't super repetitive

Roz~

NO VGC IN CANADA THIS YEAR TOO BUT THEY GET QUALIFIERS IN ITALY AND KOREA?!
RAGE.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

kirby_superstar

x = y + 1. Where x = current post count, and y = previous post count.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: kirby_superstar on April 20, 2011, 05:11:07 PMHappy Jamaican Santa Day Hitler's birthday/ Columbine anniversary.  ;)
Because its such a great day to celebrate that's not awful to think of in a positive way or anything. If Hell exists, I'm pretty sure celebrating 4-20 is sure fire way to get sent there.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Mashi

I always wondered why people thought Hitler was the most evil man in the world.
There were far worse people.  The only reason Hitler is even in the spotlight is because he lived in a more modern era at the time; but considering the cruel punishments inflicted onto Germany post-WWI, can he really be blamed for being so psychotic?

That's a rhetorical question.

Dude

Quote from: kirby_superstar on April 20, 2011, 05:11:07 PMHappy Jamaican Santa Day Hitler's birthday/ Columbine anniversary/ Dude's cousin's birthday.  ;)
Much better.

Harvest

Hitler is my favourite historical character :D
-

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on April 20, 2011, 06:52:24 PMI always wondered why people thought Hitler was the most evil man in the world.
There were far worse people.  The only reason Hitler is even in the spotlight is because he lived in a more modern era at the time; but considering the cruel punishments inflicted onto Germany post-WWI, can he really be blamed for being so psychotic?

That's a rhetorical question.
I agree, there were many worse people then Hitler, both before and after WWII.

But that doesn't mean Hitler wasn't a terrible person. Ordering a mass extermination of Jews, gypsies, and the handicapped sounds pretty fucked up to me.