News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Parents put the gifts under the Christmas tree. They didn't write our names on them. Now my brother's shaking everything to try and guess which gifts look interesting/he wants to receive.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

sipan1234

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 19, 2010, 08:57:45 PMHoly 4 month old video batman!

Also, South Park isn't funny.  It's juvenile and dumb.

why is not it funny
4 months that doesn't matter

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 19, 2010, 08:57:45 PMAlso, South Park isn't funny.  It's juvenile and dumb.
I like it because it mocks modern day society by taking everything in the real world to such an extreme that it becomes idiotic. And that's the reason I find it amusing.

Certainly better than half the junk you find on television.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maretocks

South Park can have pretty damn good satire, but when it gets crude, it just loses the mock severity...<what SFK said>.

Seeing Mary Poppins tonight. Wooh.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

DrP

So work today basically sucked ass... 8 hours of standing on my feet... woo... and it didn't help it was pouring rain all day, thus driving people from relaxing at the beach and exploring outdoor places and into indoor malls... I'll bet the Spectrum (the US's premier outdoor mall) didn't get lots of business.

For all you 24 fans, the dude that played Ethan Kanin in the last 2 or 3 seasons of 24 came into the store today and he came into my line... I kept on glancing up at him thinking it was him but disproved myself. My manager wanted to make a copy of the credit card receipt and post it, but I told her it was a little to creepy.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 20, 2010, 03:51:41 PM*cough*DISNEY CHANNEL*cough*

Disney Channel stopped being good about 6 years ago.

SlowPokemon

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Winter

I am jealous of universe-x

Also, did anyone stay up for the Lunar eclipse? I think it may just be starting for some of you. but it sure was interesting :)

Solar eclipses are better.

Then there's Lunar Eclipse + Aurora Borealis

:)

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 20, 2010, 08:47:01 PMI didn't know disneychannel was ever good

The only good show was Even Stevens... it was a 90s thing where someone had to remember their surroundings.

Roz~

Quote from: winterkid09 on December 20, 2010, 11:43:47 PMI am jealous of universe-x

Also, did anyone stay up for the Lunar eclipse? I think it may just be starting for some of you. but it sure was interesting :)

Solar eclipses are better.

Then there's Lunar Eclipse + Aurora Borealis

:)

Oh yeah, I wanted to watch it but I was too lazy to get up at 3 am.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Ruto

Think everyone's at school...

Anyway, the lunar eclipse. I wanted to see it but there were too many buildings blocking the window and I didn't want to go out on the street. Oh well, I've seen one about 2 years ago, through a telescope. :(
I've yet to see a solar eclipse.

Anyway, while I'm boring you guys to death, here is a bunch of odd facts about the moon:

Solar eclipses can only happen during a new moon when the moon is between the sun and Earth.
Lunar eclipses can only happen during a full moon when the Earth is casting a shadow on the moon.
The full moon rises to its highest point at midnight, sets at around 6 AM, rises at around 6 PM.
The new moon rises to its highest moon at noon, sets at 6 PM and rises at around 6 AM. Which is why you can't even see it, ever, outside of a solar eclipse. Dunno about you guys at the Arctic circle and your crazy-ass bright and dark seasons.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Winter

When I lived in Alaska I was too young to pay attention to the sky, all I knew about was the obvious things like ridiculous sun patterns. I don't remember anything about the moon :(

universe-X

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on December 20, 2010, 11:29:44 PMOh?  So your parents are rich then.
Stereotypes >.> We're middle class, and they weren't willing to spend over $250 :P

lol, winterkid.

I would've stayed up, but only to get pics... so I went to sleep :P

edit: also update on raymondbl (if anyone cares/remembers him): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2TuDtOLHqs