News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

I just saw that, rofl

Quote from: Saria on October 01, 2010, 05:03:15 PMDr. Tramplemouse, don't bother finding the 6th movie. I had to stop watching after the first 10 minutes. :P

I disagree, I thought it was a very good movie. I don't think any of them were bad. This one was very light and contained a lot of much-needed comic relief.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 01, 2010, 06:24:19 PMI just saw that, rofl

I disagree, I thought it was a very good movie. I don't think any of them were bad. This one was very light and contained a lot of much-needed comic relief.

I think it was kinda boring because it lacked action. Maybe that's just me, but yeah, t'was boring.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Ruto

They cut out the best action scene of the book---the battle in Hogwarts.  :D

I didn't see the whole movie but my older sister said it was disappointing. She thought there was too much teenage angst.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Harvest

Quote from: Saria on October 01, 2010, 05:03:15 PMDr. Tramplemouse, don't bother finding the 6th movie. I had to stop watching after the first 10 minutes. :P

:(  but it was the best one

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 01, 2010, 05:20:18 PMlolol rick sanchez fired
http://gawker.com/5653552/rick-sanchez-fired-from-cnn-after

..and lol...I never really liked him much but I feel bad for him.
-

DrP

The Spammers are now spamming... check the art section...

The Deku Trombonist

This spambot seems to be pretty active unlike the last couple.

DrP

They're even more active than me... even during the times when I was REALLY active (I have since toned it down a bit)

Someone should tell Nakah or Concerto (if he's ever here for more than 10 minutes)

The Deku Trombonist

I think the most we can do is hit the "Report to Moderator" button on some of them and hope it leads to the rest getting deleted too.

Edit: 84 topics??!??!?

Maretocks

Quote from: universe-X on October 01, 2010, 02:10:00 PMSome people are just too cheery. :P
*Brings up pessimism vs optimism argument*

Welcome to maturity. ;D

Listening to a jazz music station is fantastic while doing homework. I write literally more fluently, and I'm so much more productive.

I've lost my touch at TF2. :( I'm ridiculously out of practise. The new patch is fantastic though.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

The Deku Trombonist

Ooh Jazz. Who are you into? The older traditional players or the contemporary dudes or something entirely different?

Maretocks

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 02, 2010, 01:41:28 AMOoh Jazz. Who are you into? The older traditional players or the contemporary dudes or something entirely different?
Haha, I have no idea. :P I'm only just getting in to it. Who do you recommend? The stuff I like is mid 90's-ish. Is that considered older? I was just listening to ABC Classic by the way. 105.5 I think.

Also...84 TOPICS!??!??!
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

The Deku Trombonist

Recommendations kinda depend on whther you like acoustic or electronic and then go from there. But there are some players who are to good to miss.

Definitely Miles Davis. He made a ton of recordings and helped to pioneer a number of styles. Michael Brecker's also worth looking at, he was a technical monster on the tenor sax. I quite like his live performance of Delta City Blues, especially the intro. But they're both dead and gone.

As for new people who are currently alive, there's the pianist Brad Mehldau (Highway Rider is amazing) and tenor saxman Chris Potter to start off with. And a bunch of others. 

And I don't mean older in terms of age, I mean older in terms of style. Some older stuff is still very relevant today because the artists were so ahead of their time. For now, I shall resist the urge to ramble.

And I just remembered, there's an English sax player called Snake Davis. I think he plays kinda in the 90's style if I remember correctly. There are plenty of vids of him on Youtube.

Maretocks

Probably older styles then, and definitely acoustic.

I'll have to look at those another time though; 10kb/s internet is not fun.

Thanks for that though, I'll definitely check them all out. ^_^
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

The Deku Trombonist

Ah the fun of shaped internet. I'm stuck with that too, for another 4 days.