The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

First time I've actually had a challenging amount of homework.

apparently it is going to continue, if I get another 4 hours+ tomorrow night...I'm going to develop an alcohol dependency.
-

Jub3r7

QuoteYeah.  You all act like freshmen would act.

:|
Which means I'm acting my age....
Oh, and I usually act younger because of something called the third child syndrome....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

I've acquired the text and syllabus for my BUS 207 - Legal Responsibilities of Business class... it looks so much fun, but the teacher said he's going fast... there is no homework except to read and only four tests!!!

WOO!!!

I just hope Psychology doesn't get too boring... but at least we can talk about things we couldn't in high school!

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 08, 2010, 08:20:56 PMI just hope Psychology doesn't get too boring... but at least we can talk about things we couldn't in high school!

Like what, exactly? :P

I think my sister took a psychology class in college, the teacher asked all the virgins to get on one side of the lecture hall. LOLWAT. Is that what you were thinking of?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Nope... like things that high school teachers can't really bring up... yes, sex stuff is one of them... but we can study the effects of alcohol on the brain (and in high school, you don't really learn that), for example!

universe-X

I keep getting B's... and F's in ELA... This is not gonna work...

Ruto

Quote from: universe-X on September 09, 2010, 02:18:31 PMI keep getting B's... and F's in ELA... This is not gonna work...

Do you know exactly what you're having trouble with?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on September 09, 2010, 02:18:31 PMI keep getting B's... and F's in ELA... This is not gonna work...

God, I cannot understand how anyone has trouble with ELA. Or gets an F in ANY class.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 09, 2010, 03:13:11 PMGod, I cannot understand how anyone has trouble with ELA. Or gets an F in ANY class.
Quote from: Ruto on September 09, 2010, 02:31:55 PMDo you know exactly what you're having trouble with?

Basically, we have summer reading... However, my 8th grade teacher is a screw up (even though she's a Pre-AP teacher... and by coincidence, her INITIALS are A.P.) and gave me the wrong list for my school. So 1) I read a book for just about nothing (it was pretty good) and 2) I only got 3 days to read a book on top of all this other homework I have. So, because I couldn't read, I failed that quiz -__-
[/complaint]

Shit.

SlowPokemon

Welcome to high school.

It's tough, but you'll look back on these awkward years fondly. At some point. If you're not dead by then. :P

Dude

SlowPokemon

English Language Arts. :P

I haven't heard it called that since 6th grade, but whatever.

Now we have to call it Lit class, not English. ::)

It's still English though.

universe-X

Same shit. :P

I like to scream "Fuck!" in the cafeteria with a group of friends in the morning :) (The cafeteria is full until we're dismissed to go to class).

DrP

ELA n'existe pas à Californie! We call it English or AP English Language or AP English Literature... Language Arts exist when studying all that grammar (which in California, the last year that grammar needs to be studied is 8th grade)... you may study commas, semi colons and sentence structure in 9th grade, but after that, its literary analysis, arguments and synthesis papers!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on September 09, 2010, 05:07:33 PMSame shit. :P

I like to scream "Fuck!" in the cafeteria with a group of friends in the morning :) (The cafeteria is full until we're dismissed to go to class).

Stupid high schoolers in this country. With the f bomb it's like they got a new toy.

"F!" "F!" "F!" "F!" "F!"

Same goes for that sh- word that I don't like to say.

::)

I hope they realize how uneducated they sound.

Cursing is fine in moderation, I suppose, but every other word does not sound very smart or attractive.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 09, 2010, 05:34:58 PMELA n'existe pas à Californie! We call it English or AP English Language or AP English Literature... Language Arts exist when studying all that grammar (which in California, the last year that grammar needs to be studied is 8th grade)... you may study commas, semi colons and sentence structure in 9th grade, but after that, its literary analysis, arguments and synthesis papers!

I hate research papers. SO MUCH.