The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oni-Link

Playing Mega Man Zero Collection + Color hacks. It's fun to look like Omega Zero! Also you can make yourself look completely black, which is also cool.
Yes I have an action replay.
No I do not use it to make things easier.

SlowPokemon

Both the title theme and athletic theme of Super Mario World are so catchy, and nostalgic as hell!

Man, I love those songs!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 26, 2010, 04:31:47 PMQC? If youre going out there, you should go to Hofstra or something (even though it is a bit more expensive)... but then maybe you wouldnt want to immerse yourself with people from LI... haha

At least you will have a chance to get some reading done or homework!

I plan to learn a new language just to pass the proficiency test to get out of the language requirement...but atm, I have 17.5 credits. I think it's still possible?

QC would be great if I can drive. Hofstra is a bit much lol. I want to be able to earn multiple degrees if I'm going to be stuck finishing the core anyway.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Hofstra was dying to have me... I applied in February, got a decision in March, with 20,000 a year attached to it...

Cal Poly was better because transportation costs were at a minimum!

That makes sense. I can get out of college in three years if I take 16 credits a quarter. I plan to stay the four years, double major and study abroad in Rouen studying Business Management there (while I work on accounting my senior year)... and then I'll become a CPA and do a certain someone's taxes and have them audited by the government for tax evasion. By that time, I should be a tax lawyer and then after a while I can become a judge in circuit court or become a senator/congressman! (and that's only one out of 5 paths I have chosen... otherwise, its off to the airline industry or the restaurant business or to wall street or to nintendo or to some other corporation in the Seattle Area)

Ruto

Heh, the flights between the coasts would drive you insane! I went to college about an hour (by plane) from NYC and it drove me nuts, getting in and out of LGA. That airport sucks. 

I just found out that Queens College accepts my AP scores! I'll apply for winter semester! I just talked about this with my dad. If I get my license and a car by then, woo!! I'll be able stay in one place long enough to finish my education. I guess after I'm settled I can figure out what to do career wise.

DrP

I ALMOST went to Gonzaga.

And you think LaGuardia is bad (well, JFK and Newark are WORSE)... but LAX, that is a whole 'nother story. LAX is a whole, and not to mention ALL the traffic and... anyways

Well, at least you might be happier when they waive their scores, and if you're ever up for moving to school, the CSUs accept all passing APs and theyre cheap... you just have to truck your crap out to California (but it can be a hole, depending on what campus you go to)

Ruto

It would save me a lot of time---what I'm really short on  ;D

Hiring a mover isn't much if you think about it. I just couldn't handle living in the dorm what with the food poisoning and the crazy allergies...and then getting around without a car. I really need to get that license. If I can drive in Lower Manhattan during the heaviest congestion, I can drive anywhere!

My dad's fine with transferring again, woo hoo!

DrP

that is a feat. But im going to have to trump you on that

If you can drive on any road in Los Angeles and the surrounding counties, you can drive anywhere. You have to deal with congestion. I have to deal with congestion AND people going 80 mph on the freeway (and the speed limit is 65). I've had a license for almost 2 years (I cant believe it will expire in two more... ahhhh. Surprisingly, my DL picture looks pretty nice)

And im not living in a dorm, not to mention in SLO, the town has banned fast food and has placed strict food laws (and cal poly is included  in said laws)... YAY, but SLO does have LOTZ of allergens, so that wouldn't be fun. I'm starting flonase early, so I wont get a sinus infection up there.

Ruto

Jaywalkers. That is all. 

There's almost a wall of cars at rush hour, and mostly old people and kids think they can scamper across the road any time they want.  I've taken about 14 lessons so far and have nearly hit 6 people and 3 cars/buses (in my first few lessons >__>). Also I was going 35 in a 20 zone, whoops.

I think the last time my allergies were that bad were from the dorm washing machines. I've found so much crazy crap in there, it could be anything. I've found socks, weed, change and sneakers in them -_-

So how does a college student survive without fast food? Curious.

DrP

theyre dumbasses! people in NYC are always in a hurry.

I got a single ticket last november, after being two years without a ticket (including time on my permit)... I was going 61 in a 40 zone going down a hill... whenever im in a hurry now, I just tell myself to breathe and go 5 miles over the speedlimit (cause cops dont pull anyone over for that unless its the end of the month)

There are so many "health" restaurants in SLO, and everyone bikes everywhere. But on campus, everyone uses their meal plan and there are some nice places to eat... there's always starbucks and jamba juice (since it began its life at Cal Poly... funny, huh?). For food, there's the "nice fast food" places: Daphnes, Rubios (a mexican place), Panda Express and those technically not labeled fast food... im forgetting the rest.

At CP, in the apartments (which are on-campus housing), there is a washer and dryer inside the the main room, so you dont have to go down to a laundromat (which I had to do when I was in Europe... surprisingly only once, in Rome... the rest was done hand washed)

SlowPokemon

Harvest

So I was staying in a hotel with my girlfriend and we decided to try the pool out...well this was in a pretty asian district of Toronto..which didn't bother me I guess but lol...

the changeroom...fuck...hahahaha...

Lets just say I was the alpha male..

-

SlowPokemon

universe-X

Incredibly tired only after the first week of school?

...this is gonna be a long 35 weeks.

Ruto

Class ended at 8:40 PM today...I have another class tomorrow at 8 AM. Why can't people teach at normal times? I'm feeling that this school just found their teachers (not even professors if they don't have PhDs lol) on the curb somewhere.

Anyway, one of these classes is going to get the boot.  IMO...they're all useless classes.

Quote from: Harvest on August 27, 2010, 03:12:41 PMSo I was staying in a hotel with my girlfriend and we decided to try the pool out...well this was in a pretty asian district of Toronto..which didn't bother me I guess but lol...

the changeroom...fuck...hahahaha...

Lets just say I was the alpha male..