News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Universe-X's Arrangements

Started by universe-X, October 25, 2009, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Seeker

Definitely sounds cool enough to play, if I had the score. I don't suppose there'd be any way to work the Dies Irae motif into the bass? Because that would increase the epicness tenfold, even though that doesn't occur in the original.
This is a signature.

MaestroUGC

Which Dies Irea? I know of four different Gregorian Chants. But yes, its is a nice arrangement, as I have already told you.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

thanks for your compliments, they mean so much  :)
sadly i'm not very "updated" on Classical music as the rest of you are, and have almost no time to listen to any. If you could give me a specific song of Dies Irea, Seeker, it would be mean so much.

Coming soon, Battlerock Galaxy - Chaos Version.

Seeker

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 25, 2009, 02:02:45 PMWhich Dies Irea? I know of four different Gregorian Chants. But yes, its is a nice arrangement, as I have already told you.
The one in Totentanz, Symphony Fantastique, and Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini. What others are there?

It occurs from 0:08-0:30 here in the trombones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqCEhmqsSnY
Probably not going to be a nice way to fit it in, but I caught part of it that was almost going there. I should probably stop talking now. You don't want to take compositional advice from me.
This is a signature.

universe-X

all suggestions are always welcome  :)

EDIT: ok, i heard 0:08-0:30, and you're right, i can't really find a way to fit that in :P

but i probably can in my next make of Final Bowser using a different soundfont. thanks for the advice.

MaestroUGC

I figured you were talking about that one, but the are multiple chants for the Dies Irae poem. Not to mention the ones written for requiems (e.g. Mozart's Requiem in D, Verdi, etc...)
The Final Boser theme is based off of baroque organ music (see J.S. Bach), namely the tocatta form of music.

universe-X

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 25, 2009, 05:16:47 PMThe Final Boser theme...

lol Boser,

so i'm already getting ready on my Rock remix of Final Bowser, the soundfont for it is huge. (over 31,000 KB!!!)

so expect that too.

universe-X

Ok, so I posted what more I have on Battlerock Galaxy- Chaos. I need some thoughts, do you think I should end it here, or keep going with it?

EDIT: Also, coming up: Space Junk Galaxy- Chaos and my/The rock version of the Final Bowser 64 theme

dahans

These files are big!  :o
I like your style. But I have no clue, why you called it "Chaos". It's not really a chaos^^. How did you record that? I really like it, it's great! But it's really quiet, I couldn't hear hardly anything.
Will you upload your files on nsm?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

universe-X

...sorry for pm-ing you to come back here, i have a lazy memory. :P

But the main reason I call it Chaos is because these versions aren't meant to be played on the piano, it's just supposed to make it sound unreal, i guess.

And you're the one who showed me how to record with audacity! I'm not sure about the volume, it is way too quiet, but if you actually hear it on my computer, it can get pretty loud.

I can't really put these songs on nsm because it is completely done on Mario Paint Composer. No .MUS, nothing that anyone can really read.

Personally my favorite part is when it gets into those big chords at the end and those harp sounds (if you could hear it). All credit for that harp bit goes to Sonicfan113 on youtube! He made his own version of many SMG songs and more on Mario Paint Composer.
www.youtube.com/sonicfan113

I hope you all enjoyed.

universe-X

OK, so I decided to scrap my original idea of continuing Battlerock and keeping what I have and then make a [lame] transition into a great, short-lived song... The Battle with Megaleg. I'll be the first to compose this song on piano. Expect finished results in about a week.
P.S. MaestroUGC, please don't take my foresaken title of composing Megaleg Battle on Piano before me, thanks. :P

MaestroUGC

I have no intention on stealing anybody's thunder, so go right ahead.

universe-X

ok, I added the Final Bowser 64 Rock version that I made. It shows how far Mario Paint Composer can go and my skills in Rock (in other words, I think I suck in the drums part, but oh well, I still love this song)  :P

And for anyone who cares, my Final Bowser 64- Chaos link has now become invalid. If anyone wants me to reload it to Mediafire and post that link, I will.

Please feel free to add commentary. :) :P :) :P

MaestroUGC

...your mind is ahead of your abilities. You have all of these great ideas and insights, but you just don't know how to execute them. We all have those issues when we first start writing and arrangeing, but the only solution is practice.