News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Universe-X's Arrangements

Started by universe-X, October 25, 2009, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiMan96

Really enjoyed Space Junk Galaxy. Doesn't stray too far from the original, and has some nice added touches. :D

Ihazarequestburger: would you be able to do The Sims 2 Main Theme? If it's helps, I figured out some notes for the intro and main melody. That's the limit to my arranging-by-ear capacity. :P

Thanks much!

universe-X

And you want me to do this on piano, or do you want me to get it to sound as close to the original as possible? (I can use different sounds)

WiiMan96

You could do a remix (any instrument you like), but I would prioritise having one closest to the original.

...you could do both.  ;D

Nah, as close to the original as possible, please.

universe-X

Added The Sims 2 Main Theme (I can't get that game because of the WooHoo feature, ;) ) and I will try to get it as close to the original as possible, but remember that I'm limited on instrument choice, and I can't make my own sounds right now, so it's a challenge. thanks for providing some sort of sheet music!  ;)

Behind this is the Start of the Dream 5 theme from Mario Party 5, requested by dahans.  :)

Short break from NSM also, so don't expect anything soon.  :-\  :P

universe-X

Super Mario Galaxy End Credits, not done:
http://www.mediafire.com/?10iyknmzlit

Super Mario Bros 3 Boss Battle, done:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ejldtykydzh

Wish I could fix the mistakes in the credits, but, sadly, it's not that easy to take out those faulty rests.

The ending to the boss battle was all improv.  Enjoy if you can!  :)

universe-X

Cool, Cool Mountain:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mbmwwzzzn1m

Time to get into that Christmas feel of Super Mario 64 with Cool, Cool Mountain (requested by MaestroUGC). I think it's good so far. Only thing is that Mario Paint only allows 5 notes per beat. I would speed up the tempo to help, but I'm a little scared to at the moment. I wanted to try and make 2 MPC's that would sync to get those few extra notes, but it failed epicly (< is that how you spell it?) So, I'm gonna have to deal with 5 notes a beat and a tempo of 550-1400 beats with 350 playing eighth notes, 550 for triplets, 700 for 16th notes, and 1400 for glissandos and 32nd notes.   ???  This is gonna be tough, I'll try to get the final version in by Christmas.

universe-X

Starting my own composition. I'm calling it First Origins. Think you know both of them (in the song)?

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1mtmrntdzd

Seeker

I got the water music. I didn't love it, but it did sound pretty good. Have you considered writing it for a group of instruments other than piano? I think cello would be particularly effective for the opening part.
This is a signature.

universe-X

I could... but MIDI instruments (which is all I can use for Mario Paint) such as cello usually sound better as a quick sound. I'll see what I can do though.  ;)

A request list will be shown soon enough. And it's gonna have to be a "whenever I get to them" kind of thing. I've gotten way too much on my plate nowadays.

universe-X

Ok, I have finally finished another song:

Super Mario Galaxy - Star Festival: Chaos:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n0mgyj0oyjx

Please add your comments!

universe-X

OH NO!!! This topic is dying!

Oh well, here's a new song:

Otherworld and Final Bowser Battle (SMG) Mini-Medley:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jtaqohyjzzy

Comments please! ;D

WiiMan96

I really enjoyed your remix, Universe! But there are a few aspects of the song that were brought to my attention:

1) In between the two songs in the medley, there's a three-second-or-so gap with nothing but background noise until Final Battle starts. Was this intentional? I think a smoother transition would have continued the suspense.

2) The glissandos in Final Battle seem a little broken. Nothing that detracts from the overall experience, but at times, being the picky bastard that I am, it bugs me. :P

3) I don't know... Final Battle was always very intense with a lot going on at once. I guess I may have appreciated it a little more if there were fuller chords and generally more happening, perhaps in harmony or chord.

4) THE FILE SIZE. Do you have any means of converting that heavy WAV file of yours into an MP3, AAC or some other smaller music file? This doesn't bother me at all, as I know it would also affect the quality of the piece, but there would be others with slower connections that would have trouble accessing it. Maybe compressing it would do the trick.

Apart from these minor niggles, the piece is great. Apt choice of instruments, it's accurate, and around the same level of anticipation arises as the originals in the game. In fact, I'd recommend not even paying any attention to the critiques above; it's more of a way of saying something other than

QuoteNICE WORK!!!1!!!1!!!!11!1!!

so that you know someone's fully appreciated it. There's no reason to change anything to the remix now due to my niggles, but keep this stuff in mind next time you remix so it saves me writing and you reading, I guess. Nevertheless, keep up the great work, and I can't wait to hear more from you! :D

universe-X

^^Thanks, especially for the critiques. Let's look into them shall we...?

1) The gap was intentional, because I had to click out of Galaxy Reactor then go into Final Battle. I could've connected the 2, with some drums in the middle imitating Bowser's voice, I guess, but that's just me.

2) I noticed the broken sounds. What happens is that in Mario Paint, it is a strict 4/4 or 3/4 time. And since the glissandos were 3 notes, I didn't want to confuse myself with the 4/4 format. So when one glissando goes into a chord, I add the chord to a new file that connects right after the glissando. Becuase it has to play from one file to the next, there is some lag (which I hate >:( ) that messes it up, this happens in all my songs, where some play better than the other.

3) I became a little lazy in adding more notes in the repeat. I could, but I really don't want to. :P

4) Upon request, I could always convert it to an MP3 file and share that. I have no idea why the file size is so huge. It becomes an annoyance. Probably because it's a recording. But, yeah, I could always just put the MP3 up if need be.

Thanks so much for commenting, it means a lot.

By the way, next up is Final Destination. ;) Look forward to it.

WiiMan96

Thank you. Looking forward to it. ;)

universe-X

I already got started on it and I used the perfect sounds for it! It sounds great, I must say!