News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Favorite band/orchestral composer

Started by Dan The Tuba Man, October 21, 2009, 07:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

To be honest there is no song of Nobuo Uematsu on my iTunes (I am ashamed :( ). Could anyone of you recommend me a soundtrack, that is worth listening?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Dude

Quote from: Maretocks on April 09, 2010, 03:05:16 AMNo. Not enough said. Grant Kirkhope, David Wise, Nobuo Uematsu, Jun Ishikawa.
You forgot ZUN.

Brassman388

Quote from: dahans on April 09, 2010, 10:52:17 AMTo be honest there is no song of Nobuo Uematsu on my iTunes (I am ashamed :( ). Could anyone of you recommend me a soundtrack, that is worth listening?

Final Fantasy VIII is good to start with. After that go through FF I and go up. Some you'll be disappointed with, some you'll listen in awe. Overall, he's good.

universe-X

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/index.htm

I don't know if iTunes makes you pay for video game songs, but with this, you can download a straight MP3 from a YouTube video :D

Also, Final Fantasy would be a great place to start

Shadoninja

Quote from: dahans on April 09, 2010, 10:52:17 AMTo be honest there is no song of Nobuo Uematsu on my iTunes (I am ashamed :( ). Could anyone of you recommend me a soundtrack, that is worth listening?
Chrono. Trigger. Nuff said.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Brassman388

Quote from: Shadoninja on April 09, 2010, 10:07:00 PMChrono. Trigger. Nuff said.

Chrono Trigger is alright. Just because it was Nobuo in his earlier years.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Brassman388 on April 09, 2010, 10:30:31 PMChrono Trigger is alright. Just because it was Nobuo in his earlier years.
Nobuo only contributed to the soundtrack with a few songs...

Brassman388

^That's strange, the info on my Mp3 says that he composed all of it.

Shadoninja

someone needs to die...

yasunori mitsuda did all but 10. he got I think it was ulcers or something from working too hard.

Brassman388

It would make sense though, it sounds completely different than what he was working on at the same time.

mantis985

Jon Schaffer...and for video games I'd say Graeme Norgate and Tomohito Niashura.

rushye

I'm also a big fan of Frank Ticheli.
John Williams too. I especially love his Harry Potter pieces.