News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

You know what I think about Native Faith, so yeah.

Witchyworld: Good, but the main first melody part (fuck forgot what you call the sections) shouldn't have rests, and should be played with a bit of a swing to it.  It's supposed to be a haunted waltz of sorts.  Not entirely sure how you can put that into the arrangement, but currently it doesn't seem correct.

Chilly Willy + Chilli Billi: Mostly awesome, but the arpeggios and such on page 5 are lol.  Nobody can play that, please make that reasonable.

me irl
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

I know my Witchyworld arrangement sounds a bit boring that's probably why I resigned it to the shelf as soon as I finished it, but I'll take a look at it later and see what I can do.
Are you only talking about the opening melody bit (measures 9-24) or the second part as well (measures 25-40)?

As for Chilly Willy/Chilli Billi, I'm reasonably ok at transcribing but I'm not so good at arranging. So aside from changing the arpeggios into normal semiquavers and therefore reducing them to only 2 octaves, I don't know what else I can do.

I'll fix them (including Native faith) up when I get home.

KefkaticFanatic

Dammit, your Banjo Overture is awesome except it also has the same arpeggio issue.

me irl
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

I simplified those arpeggios in both Banjo Overture and Chilly Willy/Chilli Billi Battle.

I tried to fix up Witchyworld a bit but I think I'm going to have to go back to the old drawing board after exams finish next week.

And I simplified the semiquaver chord bits in Native Faith.

I put all of these revisions up, so tell me what you think. Do they still need more simplifying/improving?

Cobraroll

I've looked a bit at your replacements:

WindWaker Title needs 8va. A lot of it. And if possible, could you shrink it so that we don't get that nasty one-liner on the last page? I don't like having to have an extra sheet just for three measures. Other than that, fantastic arrangement.

Kalimari Desert is great, but somewhere in it, I see E sharps. Why? Why just not write F?

More later.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

I added the 8vas and I shrank the Wind Waker Title Theme but I'm not sure where the E#'s are in Kalimari Desert. Now, I could be blind and might've just missed the obvious but where are the E#'s?

Cobraroll

My bad on Kalimari Desert, I looked at the bass... Oops...

And WindWaker Title is awesome. Great work.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

KefkaticFanatic

Ok, so the low note in the bass of Witchyworld is just a quarter note that you lift, not a dotted half note.  You just hold it until the next chord in which you are going to lift and play semi-staccato, like any waltz would sound.

me irl
[close]

Taser9090

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

universe-X

Do you think you would be able to do Beach Bowl Galaxy from Super mario galaxy? I've been trying to do it, but I can't figure out the bass notes, and you're far more superior in sheet-making than me,  :P What do you think?

The Deku Trombonist

I guess I could give it a shot. I haven't done a piano arrangement in a couple of weeks so it should be some fun.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Cobraroll

Sorry to bump your topic lately, but I've had a song on my mind for a few days now, and wanted to see if I could find sheets for it. I'm talking about the Pollyanna theme from Mother.

Well, I saw your arrangement, but the end of it made me wonder a little. What version of the song did you base the arrangement on? Measure 21-24 all go the same way, but in every version I've heard, it takes a little break midway through what would be your arrangement's measure 22.
(as hear around the 0:53 mark here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Fc2H7jvQM&feature=related
or around 0:42 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaPXShP9D0Y
And also in versions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmA5bGv6FSQ&feature=related
and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_emzi7gKen0)

Sorry to be picky, but I really like this song, really want to play it, and wonder which version is correct.

Meta-Ridley

I absoluteley adore your banjo oveture. it's just so PERFECT!!!!!! I admire you now. your awesome. Hey, would you mind trying to do some metroid prime work please.
Thanx. your the best

The Deku Trombonist

I haven't been able to reply because I've been on a Jazz Camp for the past week  :D.

Anyway, I fixed up the Pollyanna arrangement a bit. By the way, I mainly used this video to arrange the song as per the request thread.
[NES] Mother
  • Pollyanna (Replacement) - Mus | Midi

P.S : Sorry to keep you waiting Universe, I'll try to get the other half of Beach Bowl Galaxy done soon. School starts in 2 days and that seems to be the time when I get the most arrangements done instead of doing homework :P.

metroid/bkfan: I've never played any Metroid games properly so it's kinda unlikely that I'll arrange something from the series and unless somebody requests a particular song.