The Deku Trombonist's Arrangements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, August 28, 2009, 11:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Deku, your arrangement of the Opening was... BREATHTAKING!! Amazing work, dude!

This is going to be one of the best openers for a medley!

(and your submissions got a bump to the top!

DrP

Amazing stuff... yet again!!! Im gonna use your "Introduction" as part of the medley! It makes a great lead-in into New Bark Town!

Nana1Popo2

The new Pokemon HG/SS arrangements are really great!! nice job on Route 47/48!!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Olimar12345

ur rainbow road does'nt sound good to me-u should make it a duet with each player playing 1 of the 2 melodies so there can be some bass cleff support
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Doesn't really sound that good to me either :P Good idea though, I'll give the duet thing a go after I get some other requests finished.

Olimar12345

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on August 01, 2010, 07:52:46 PMDoesn't really sound that good to me either :P Good idea though, I'll give the duet thing a go after I get some other requests finished.
good! i look forward to seeing what u do with it!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

Rusty Bucket Bay is nice, but nobody can actually play measures 13-18 like they're supposed to sound. (legato)

Same with the similar measures later on.

me irl
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

How do you think I should write it then?
  • Cut out the top chromatic line
  • Cut out the bottom chromatic line or
  • Move the bottom chromatic line into the left hand and get rid of the bass notes?

KefkaticFanatic

Probably just get rid of the bass, as it's the less distinct sound in that part of the song.

me irl
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

@ the rest of your Banjo fixes

<3

EDIT: And lol, as expected 29-36 on Clanker rapes your wrist.  But there's really nothing you can do about that.

me irl
[close]

The Deku Trombonist

[SNES] The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Should I leave this as one sheet or split into two sheets (Epilogue & Credits)?

Brassman388

Split it. There's so much going on. Unless you can find a way to make it 4 hands on one sheet.

Epilogue it is.

Brassman388

Hahaha, sorry.

What I mean is:

Elaborate and make it for two pianos. The original song has way too much going on for just one piano. Not sure how good it will sound. Considering it might sound like mush. Good arranging should fix that problem.

Ah, I see. I thought you were deciding whether to call the piece "Epilogue" or "Credits". My mistake.

The song sounds nice, not much you can do with just one piano though. But, for some odd reason, I feel like you left parts out. Not sure why that is. I might just have to listen to the piece again.

Overall. Good job, mate.