Dahans' compositions: Romance for piano

Started by dahans, August 24, 2009, 03:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: WarioMan98 on October 27, 2011, 01:30:09 PMVery nice! And how SCHWEET!  ;D
You should be happy, right Nebbles?  :D

xD Yes. I love how it sounds. I wanna play it on my keyboard one day.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

dahans

Quote from: Nebbles on October 27, 2011, 07:47:40 PMxD Yes. I love how it sounds. I wanna play it on my keyboard one day.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

Quote from: fingerz on October 27, 2011, 03:24:01 PMI do! A very nice composition, Dahans! I want more! :D
No problem, more will follow soon! :D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

DrP

Quote from: dahans on October 28, 2011, 03:15:09 AMYEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D
No problem, more will follow soon! :D
You should write a Piano Concerto!!!

(or a Clarinet Concerto if you have time)

MaestroUGC

I told you you'd be much more poular than I'll ever be, your compositions have something fundamental in them that makes them very enjoyable. This piece proves it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

dahans

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 28, 2011, 11:58:54 AMI told you you'd be much more poular than I'll ever be, your compositions have something fundamental in them that makes them very enjoyable. This piece proves it.
Thanks a lot! :D

Quote from: DrP on October 28, 2011, 10:30:41 AMYou should write a Piano Concerto!!!

(or a Clarinet Concerto if you have time)
Yes I should! I have done some sketches a while ago. I might start working on this piano concerto again! (clarinet)

Nana1Popo2

I love the Polyanna Choir piece!!

nice job with it :)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

dahans

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on October 28, 2011, 04:34:23 PMI love the Polyanna Choir piece!!

nice job with it :)
Oh wow xD this one's REALLY old! I think this was my 10th arrangement? It's a year old :D.

dahans

http://www.mediafire.com/?h04riv3nv0v3ini

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in advance) RUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

dahans

Thanks :D! It really took me quite a long time to finish it! :D

Ruto

Oh my xD Thank you so much...you really didn't need to, but I enjoyed it :D :D :D *pats head*

I remember last year, on Nov. 18th, I said my birthday was coming up soon, and you asked when it was. I asked you to check the calendar...then you went crazy and said you didn't do anything yet and spent the next 30 minutes composing without telling me!) while I was telling you it was okay, I didn't really like celebrating my birthday and getting old, and then how awful my birthdays usually are. Then we changed the topic and you surprised me with a composition right before you went to bed XD

Like last year, now I'm actually looking forward to my birthday xD...keep up the great work!

(I'll tell this year's story next year :D)

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

dahans

Haha :D Yeah I remember this piece... xD

In 40 years' time you will have 40 stories to tell. Then you have to write a book :D.

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Olimar12345

Alright! Here's what I think: (gonna be completely honest)

-Horns get too high(i wouldn't normally write above one ledger line). Think of the french horn as a trombone and you'll be fine.
-Trumpet parts are REALLY high. sure, it's possible to play the things you wrote, but it wouldn't be practicle in this setting-you can move alot of it down an octave and it will be just as powerful, if not more powerful.
-It could use more trombone in some parts.
-The clarinet is downright too high(I see a trend here)-measures 36 and 37 are great examples. I think you'd be much happier with alot of their stuff down an octave-once you get too high you sort of lose that clarinet sound. (the same is ture with most instruments.)
-Double sharps aren't bad, but I would avoid writing them just for the sake of clarity.
-Some flute parts are actually too low at times-you're flat-out not going to hear them when the rest of the ensamble is playing. I'm not saying that they can't play down there, cus they can(and it actually sound really cool!), I'm just worried about actually hearing them.
-oboe tends to get on the high side at times.
-There's a point where the 2nd violin goes too low-they can only play down to a G below their staff.
-Overall, the piece is alittle on the lengthy side, due mostly to repetition in different keys-but I it's actually not that big of a deal.
-Everything in the piece either started on beat 1, or beat 3, which could get boring. Fixing this(by changing it occasionally to 2, 4 or an up-beat) would probably help make the piece more interesting and not make it feel "too Long".
-I want you to try this really quick-On the second to last measure, delete the 1st fermata. I think (IMO) it would sound better like this.

Overall (again) I think this piece is quite nice! Most of my feedback was in instrument range, which you can easily learn in a matter of minutes. Keep writing! Like maestro said, "your pieces have something fundamental in them that makes them very enjoyable."
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Shadoninja

remember, this is dahans you're talking to, impossibility is his specialty.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman