Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

who cares

Started by Shadoninja, August 13, 2009, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Cobraroll

Wow. It requires a speedy pair of hands, but sounds awesome!
Looks like almost every key on the piano is used here. At least, you're close to the lower boundaries. 
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

pumpy_heart

I like your arrangement of the Cycling theme from RSE. Not my personal favorite theme, but the arrangement is nice.
In measure 3, the chromatic passing motion in the bass is ascending, so that should be a D# instead of an Eb. Same sort of thing in measure 10, 11, and 15, but the motion is descending, so the chromatically altered run should contain flats. Measure 27 is similar to the bass in measure 5 with a chromatic lower neighbor. In this case, the Ab should be respelled G#.
I personally would respell the Bb in the bass in measure 24 to A#, as the B comes after it and appears to move towards that B. Then for consistency respell the Bb in measure 25 as A#.
One last thing. The mp in measure 10 for the treble clef should go between the staves.
I hope I'm not sounding mean or disgusted or anything. I liked the piece, but feel these changes would be easier for the player. Hoped I explained the reasons well enough to be understood. Let me know if I came off as a bastard.

Shadoninja

pumpy_heart

I agree they function as an incomplete neighbor and resolve to the lower note. Notating measure 10, 11, and 15 with a flat shows that the note falls and resolves to the desired pitch.
I saw that Bb as well. Not really sure why that's there. But looking again, F#, A#, and C# (notes in measure 24 and 25) spell a major triad and that's definitely the desired effect. That kinda makes the A#/Bb in measure 21 a harmonic anticipation, though that chord doesn't appear until measure 24.

Shadoninja

DonValentino

Boss 1 and 2: The same as with the treetops!  :D
I noticed that the octave at the end of Boss 1 has a lime green color, any reason in special?

Also, great idea with the Primo and Secondo from Amber Valley! I might send it to my teacher, to see if we can actually play it...  ::)
Great arrangement, too! It's one of the few songs I remember from Tactics Advance!  ;D

Shadoninja

Shadoninja

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on September 24, 2011, 05:14:32 AMthe only green I see on that are the dynamic markings and whatever that square thing is on the 32nd note.

Now seriously, don't you see that green on the octave and the crescendo from measures 19 and 20? The octave from measures 15 and 16 has a normal color, while the other one is lime green. I know is almost impossible, but... Could it be my PC?   :(

Shadoninja

DonValentino

Quote from: Shadoninja on September 24, 2011, 09:33:37 AMOh, the 8va I thought you meant the octave in the bass lol. It has something to do with linked parts and if you alter something in the score then that will change colour. It shouldn't affect the sheet in printing because Finale prints the sheet in black and white.

Oh, OK! I was just curious.  :D
Just listened to your Sinnoh Underground and it's very nice, but isn't the right hand supposed to be an octave lower in some parts? Just asking.  ;)

Shadoninja

DonValentino