News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

who cares

Started by Shadoninja, August 13, 2009, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bespinben

Is that so? I always figured cross-staff was just an alternative for 8va in heavily arpeggiated parts in the left hand.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

The Deku Trombonist

Cross staffing is generally used in place of ledger lines, a clef change or 8va line. In this case, the arpeggio would continue to be played by the left hand unless indicated otherwise.

If you really want to have the right hand play the Bb/C then I'd use the cross staff tool but put a little "r.h." above the note you want played in the right hand.

Shadoninja

pumpy_heart

After listening to The Palace Oboe, sounds really accurate. Good job!
The octave doublings sound too strong against the one lined melody, but that's sort of a preference thing.
You said you might've gotten some enharmonic things wrong. You did well up until measure 11. The second chord should be an F minor chord, so F-Ab-C. This is a progression of sorts, and the best way to write each chord is just to spell it triadically as possible. The progression more or less alternates between 7th chords and a triad, so in measure 14, the second chord should be a triad, F#-A-C.
The second half of measure 21 should use flats, as these borrow notes from the parallel minor (C minor; Bb-Eb-Ab).
In measure 31, you should use an E# in the melody because the E# shows motion to the root of the chord, F#. Having F and F# in the same measure does not make as much musical sense in tonal music as E# and F#.
I'd use all sharps through measure 33-36. The motif is clearly seen in your rendition, but using sharps allow for clearer chordal analyzation. Db makes much less sense against an A than a C# does.
The rest of the piece works just fine. Great job on this difficult piece!

Shadoninja

SlowPokemon

Cant look at the arrangement atm but isn't that game addictive?!?!?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

Shadoninja

Bespinben

Lol, that song kind of grated on my nerves in the game, but now I can see it's a pretty cool song. Nice arrangement Shado ;)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Shadoninja

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Never been a fan of this song. At all. I would turn down the music after a while. Which sucks because it's a great city.

But the arrangement is great.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja