The Random Facts Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, August 10, 2009, 12:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Actually, it seems like I was wrong too. Here is a list of the ten strongest Pokémon moves by damage potential:

1st: Shuckle, having used Power Trick to switch its Attack and Defense, Skill Swap to get the Pure Power ability, holding the Metronome item, then using Defense Curl and Rollout. On the fifth turn of Rollout, it will have a base power of 4638 and coming off a gargantuan attack stat of 1228.*
2nd: Ursaring with Choice Band and Guts ability activated, using Metronome and getting Explosion. It will have a base power of 562, coming off an attack stat of 591. Not to mention the fact that it halves the opponent's defense upon use, effectively giving it a power of 1124. That will one-hit-KO every single Pokémon in the game, bar ghosts and Pokémon 4x resisting Normal attacks.
3rd**: Choice Specs Empoleon with Torrent ability activated using Hydro Cannon under rain (Power 759, stat of 353)
4th**: Choice Specs Kyogre's Water Spout under rain (Power 506, coming off a stat of 438)
5th: Choice Band Machamp's Focus Punch with Guts ability activated (Power 337, coming off a stat of 591)
6th: Choice Band Scizor's Fury Cutter used for the fifth time with Swarm ability activated (Power 540, coming off a stat of 394)
7th: Choice Specs Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam with Adaptability ability (Power 450, stat of 408)
8th: Choice Band Medicham's Focus Punch (Power 337, stat of 480)
9th: Choice Band Rampardos' Head Smash (Power 337, stat of 471)
10th: Choice Band Slaking's Giga Impact (Power 337, coming off a stat of 460)

*NOTE: Because Rollout and the clone move Ice Ball reach a power of 960 on the final turn, all users of the move could get a spot here. However, Shuckle is the prime example of pure attacking power, and is the only Rollouter/Ice Baller presented here.
**May be swapped.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

GreekGeek

^That's like sick. You're quite the expert on this subject.

SuperFireKirby

Some reptiles, amphibians, and fish can asexually reproduce when the opposite sex is extinct in the area they inhabit.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Some schools of fish only have one male. When the male dies, the strongest female changes her sex to become the new male.

GreekGeek

Very cliché, but let's mention it.

Cockroaches can survive a nuclear holocaust.

EDIT: An electron is the fastest thing in the world.

Jamaha

iDennis

More people die of falling coconuts than shark attacks. And I hate those 'experts' saying shark are monsters of the depth...  ???

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: JaMaHa on September 05, 2009, 11:56:12 PM
Quote from: GreekGeek on September 05, 2009, 10:59:20 PMEDIT: An electron is the fastest thing in the world.

Photons?

A photon's not a thing. That is, it's not matter.

GreekGeek

I guess that's why :)

Thanks for saving me Ingus

SuperFireKirby

Isn't a photon much light a light wave? That is, its not composed of atoms but it is still a wave aof radiation with energy, therefore making it a thing? I can't quite remember. Haven't touched physics for 2 years so I'm a little off on the subject.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Seeker

This is a signature.

SuperFireKirby

I must say, people consult wikipedia far too much. It's not always accurate. But no one understands that.

SirIngusBingus

Ok, as a science student, I tell you that a photon is energy, not matter, as it has no discernable mass or volume.

Brassman388

A Photon is a packet of light and energy, and it all depends on what frequency it's at. Gamma radiation is the fastest.

SirIngusBingus

Listen to Brassman.

Back on topic:
Xenopterus naritus is a fish, phylum Chordalia, class Actinopterygii, order Tetraodontiformes, family Tetraodontidae.

EDIT: Fixed the picture.