News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Random Facts Topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, August 10, 2009, 12:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Sir Awesomesauce on August 21, 2009, 09:52:59 PMDid you know that Snapple has been promoting false random facts for years? Seriously. Popular ones include: Goldfish have a memory span of 3 seconds, the average American swallows about 6 insect legs in their life while sleeping.

THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL.
Well you swallow an average of 8 spiders in your sleep every year.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Ahggh, why would you even say something like that? *chills*

jake3343

No you don't

A few of the facts in this topic are false, I think.

Petpetfood

Sri Lanka is a country you may have never heard about.

Seeker

Quote from: universe-X on August 24, 2009, 06:22:08 PMIn "The Wizard of Oz", there was a claim that an elf (i think, don't shun me, i haven't seen the full movie/play ever!) comitted suicide by taking a rope, while on a ladder, putting his head through the rope, and kicking the ladder off, evidently to his end.

You'd think that after many times of looking at the movie, the editors would've edited that out, right?

Wrong!

Actually it was an ostrich borrowed from a nearby zoo, to produce atmosphere (or something like that).
:)
I do not recall that ever happening.
Actually, the first showing of the Wizard of Oz was in a small town about half an hour from where I live. This was confirmed by MGM historians. And one of the munchkins was a native of the town I'm living in.
This is a signature.

kotorfanboy

Snopes is the greatest enemy this topic has.

Seeker

This is a signature.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Petpetfood on August 24, 2009, 06:29:50 PMSri Lanka is a country you may have never heard about.

Why not? I had to memorize its location for Geography.

Cobraroll

^It's hardly difficult to memorize. It's the island just south of India...

Only one third of all Americans have a passport. Most Americans never leave their own country. I could generalise and say that most Americans know nothing about the rest of the world, but I think that statement is pushing it. The rest of the world's impression that Americans know nothing about the rest of the world, however, is a bit harder to dismiss.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SirIngusBingus

I have a passport! I went on a cruise!  ;D

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 25, 2009, 12:27:49 PM^It's hardly difficult to memorize. It's the island just south of India...

Only one third of all Americans have a passport. Most Americans never leave their own country. I could generalise and say that most Americans know nothing about the rest of the world, but I think that statement is pushing it. The rest of the world's impression that Americans know nothing about the rest of the world, however, is a bit harder to dismiss.
Ignorance is bliss. Unless you're American. I hate how ignorant our country is.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Brassman388

Male piglets are castrated at the age of 5 months in order for their hormones not to deter the meat that they produce. They do this because some people say that they can taste a difference in the meat when it is otherwise produced.

SuperFireKirby

The word shit is actually an acronym for a ventilation system that was used on ships that would transport manure.

Cobraroll

^OR it derives from Old English...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shit#Emytology

The strongest Pokémon attack without stat boosts is a Modest Kyogre's Water Spout backed by Choice Specs under rainy conditions (Base power 506 backet by a Special attack stat of 438). Following next is a Modest Porygon-Z with the Adaptability ability firing a Hyper Beam while holding Choice Specs (Base power 450 backed by a Special Attack stat of 405).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

Intresting... well that was something my dad told me and I didn't bother looking it up to see if it was correct or not. I guess he was wrong.