News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

"Fulfilling the Requests" Project (Out of Service)

Started by WiiMan96, July 31, 2009, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiMan's pretty cool.

He found every request
1 (3.7%)
Then he organized them all
1 (3.7%)
Made a thread that had progress
0 (0%)
Then made a site to organize them
1 (3.7%)
Yeah he's pretty cool.
7 (25.9%)
*claps*
11 (40.7%)
I agree  -Shadoninja
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

WiiMan96

Never mind next year, the bare bones are finished. I'll clean it up and post it this weekend so maybe we can finally get this project back on track!  :)

Shadoninja

Quote from: WiiMan96 on December 08, 2011, 02:33:00 AMNever mind next year, the bare bones are finished. I'll clean it up and post it this weekend so maybe we can finally get this project back on track!  :)
awesome!

I finished Pokemon Diamond Pearl Platinum - Credits, Pokemon Gold Silver - Trainer Battle, and Pokemon Firered Leafgreen - Credits.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

WiiMan96

The website is up! It's far from finished, but I'm going away and won't be back until next year. I might as well just put up a slightly working version now. If you have any queries, within the next few hours is the perfect time!

It's not too useful yet, but it's something.

Here's a basic 'beginner's guide' to the site anyway:
  • When registering, use your NSM Forums username EXACTLY as it appears on the forums. This is integral to the proper functioning of the website. (If you get this wrong anyway I'm happy to change your username for you.) Also, there's nothing for requesters on there. There's no need to make an account as it is an arranger's tool. Please continue posting your requests in the Requests board as usual.
  • Requests are listed on the home page, categorised by whether they are Unfulfilled, In Progress, Finished, or Fulfilled. (There's only a very limited amount on there now, currently whatever was ready to update in the thread around August but wasn't is in the database now.)
  • If you're an arranger, register an account on the site to be able to claim requests. Currently you're unable to mark one of your claimed requests as finished or advanced a finished one to fulfilled (or drop requests for that matter), but this is planned for when I get back. Please bear with me!
  • Those who wish to update the database with the information from this thread's OP ("Request Managers" if you want a spiffy title) can apply by posting below. I'm only looking for one at the moment but I'm sure that will change in the near future. Either way, please make an account as your arranger's account is 'upgraded' to a manager's account manually by me.
  • There are many known bugs and excluded features, but please post here or PM me if you have any troubles with them, your account, or the use of the website. Also feel free to let me know any general design improvements I can make!

I think that's about it. Go nuts, I guess. But not too nuts. That might break things.

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year, everyone!

Shadoninja

Quote from: WiiMan96 on December 23, 2011, 05:24:49 PMThe website is up! It's far from finished, but I'm going away and won't be back until next year. I might as well just put up a slightly working version now. If you have any queries, within the next few hours is the perfect time!

It's not too useful yet, but it's something.

Here's a basic 'beginner's guide' to the site anyway:
  • When registering, use your NSM Forums username EXACTLY as it appears on the forums. This is integral to the proper functioning of the website. (If you get this wrong anyway I'm happy to change your username for you.) Also, there's nothing for requesters on there. There's no need to make an account as it is an arranger's tool. Please continue posting your requests in the Requests board as usual.
  • Requests are listed on the home page, categorised by whether they are Unfulfilled, In Progress, Finished, or Fulfilled. (There's only a very limited amount on there now, currently whatever was ready to update in the thread around August but wasn't is in the database now.)
  • If you're an arranger, register an account on the site to be able to claim requests. Currently you're unable to mark one of your claimed requests as finished or advanced a finished one to fulfilled (or drop requests for that matter), but this is planned for when I get back. Please bear with me!
  • Those who wish to update the database with the information from this thread's OP ("Request Managers" if you want a spiffy title) can apply by posting below. I'm only looking for one at the moment but I'm sure that will change in the near future. Either way, please make an account as your arranger's account is 'upgraded' to a manager's account manually by me.
  • There are many known bugs and excluded features, but please post here or PM me if you have any troubles with them, your account, or the use of the website. Also feel free to let me know any general design improvements I can make!

I think that's about it. Go nuts, I guess. But not too nuts. That might break things.

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year, everyone!

I can't wait until the website stops being under review

WiiMan96

Ah. I guess as soon as another visitor went on it, it decided that I was untrustworthy. xD

It hopefully shouldn't be too long! :)

Shadoninja

yeah it said it would be 2-4 hours.

what's the difference between finished and fulfilled?

WiiMan96

Fulfilled means that the arrangement is on the site. If it's only Finished, it has not been submitted yet but has been completed.

Winter

How about Arranged, and Uploaded?

Fulfilled could easily mean that the request has been fulfilled (arranged) and finishes could easily be interpreted as everything is done and it is on the site (No more steps to be made.

'Arranged', and 'Uploaded' seem to work smoother.

And I'd be happy to take on that 'spiffy title'. Just have to wait till the site is up again ;)

WiiMan96

Fair enough. I'll add it to the todo list then.  :)

Winter

Also, will I be registering with my login name, or my display name.

I login with winterkid09 (Username)

but you all see me as Winter (Display name)

WiiMan96

Preferably with the display name, but if you'd like to use your username that's alright as well.

Winter

Since you said it was integral to the proper functioning of the website, I figured it would be important, but I planned on using Winter. Why exactly is it integral, just to keep track of who's who, or is there a mechanic that corresponds with our forums?

WiiMan96

When requests are entered, the requester name (and if applicable, the name of the arranger) links to your login account so that you can edit requests pertaining to you. For example, if you wish to update a request to say that it's been on the site after being in progress, you'll only be able to do so if your login name exactly matches the name of the arranger.

So if a request is entered as being taken by Winter, for example, and your login is winterkid09, it won't make the connection.

That said, I could manually change all instances of Winter in the database to winterkid09 if I really wanted to. (Hence why it was an option.)

Winter

So this site is only for arrangers that are taking requests? You should have an updater profile in there somewhere where I can change any instance of a sheet to uploaded when I do actually upload it. Unless i can just leave it to all of you to take care of that.

I'm saying this because I won't particularly be taking any requests, and it sounds like I'd have no use on this site.

WiiMan96

I was thinking something along those lines! Absolutely. Originally I guessed I'd leave it up to the arrangers to mark it as being uploaded but if you'd like to do this it seems like a much more efficient process. Thanks and I'll get on that next year soon enough.