"Fulfilling the Requests" Project (Out of Service)

Started by WiiMan96, July 31, 2009, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiMan's pretty cool.

He found every request
1 (3.7%)
Then he organized them all
1 (3.7%)
Made a thread that had progress
0 (0%)
Then made a site to organize them
1 (3.7%)
Yeah he's pretty cool.
7 (25.9%)
*claps*
11 (40.7%)
I agree  -Shadoninja
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Winter

[NDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story "Final Bowser" - dahans is /not/ on the site. (Coulda sworn I put it up O_O;)

Rocket Barrel is.

WiiMan96

Bloop

Dimble Wood    SlowPokemon    [Download as PDF]    [Download as MUS]    [Listen]
Fawful Castle    Dimentio    [Download as PDF]    [Download as MUS]    [Listen]
Final Bowser    dahans    [Download as PDF]    [Download as MUS]    [Listen]

Looks like winterkid is the real dumbass a bit confused

Winter

I looked like 3 times though. Oh well, I see it now.

spitllama

Quote from: WiiMan96 on August 18, 2011, 11:56:43 PMThank you so much! :D I had most of these written down somewhere but because of the gap between updates I listed some things twice and others not at all. xD So this makes my job infinitely easier! Thanks!

I'll update the posts this weekend (hopefully).

And I thought I might clear up some things you mentioned:

• A lot of sheets members requested and later found elsewhere on the web were kept intentionally. I though that if one was to request a sheet here and it was a popular enough sheet to be found elsewhere, we should have our own version anyway. :)
  • Same goes for inactive requesters. If they requested it, it's highly likely a bunch of other shy people were looking for it and gave up.
  • YES! I GOT SOMEONE! xD But you want me to remove it? I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. (I can't remember exactly, but I think it was in a post in another unrelated thread and I couldn't be bothered getting the link. :P It was a useless post in terms of other info, anywho. Sorry 'bout that Dave.
  • Commander 6 is Composer #40's arranger name. He prefers to go by that on the site. (But I'll see where it's used and change it for clarity if necessary.)

That said, you providing this information now allows me to better see how to organise things and rethink the aforementioned reasons behind my decisions. If you have any thoughts, please!

Thanks again! I've got most other requests sorted, I just need the room now, which should hopefully come with this update! :D

EDIT: And no, I probably won't be arranging it soon. xD I might pick it up again later though if no one takes it before then.

Ok all your points make sense.

I... still disagree with the second one though (and no it's not just because that part of my post took the longest to create :P)

If we've had one person request a song, then they left the site and never came back... even three years later, it seems like we would just remove it. I can understand keeping it if a bunch of users followed up with the request hoping for its creation, but the majority of these got no response and the requester just left. This project will certainly decrease how many requests end up that way, but for threads that ancient, it just seems more realistic to remove them.

If it makes you feel better, I could even just copy/paste the requests from those years ago into a new thread, see if anyone still wants to see sheets created, and work from there. Eventually this should = less work for WiiMan!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

WiiMan96

Fair enough. How about sorting the requests in some sort of priority order (categories 1, 2, 3 etc.) based on its popularity and age in this thread? That would both keep the requests available, keep everything in one place, lessen the strain of the number of requests on arrangers and help arrangers to attack the list with some sort of plan or order. (And your great work doesn't go to any waste :P )

spitllama

Sounds like a plan. Oh and I meant to say kudos for the creation of the project. It really was a good idea. It helps arrangers find an easy list of requests and helps guests see that their never-ending requests have been noticed :)
Submissions Page

Bloop

Requests in Progress:    (sorted by arranger)

ALPRAS

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2 "World 7 Map"

Bloop

[Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns "Rocket Barrel 1"

dumbass You didn't removed me.

spitllama

He hasn't updated yet... when he does he'll get it. I think that's the 5th post in 2 days about Rocket Barrel Blast
Submissions Page

Dudeman

Just FYI: World 7 is actually World S in Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

spitllama

k Wiiman. "reviving the requests" has been posted. You can now delete all the requests from users i posted in the "inactivity" section of my recent post, to make room for newer ones.
Submissions Page

WiiMan96

Alrighty, so left to do:

• Remove uploaded sheets on Bloop's list and add corresponding points.
  • Remove "Reviving the Requests" requests from the list
  • Add a LOT more new requests.
  • Probably some other things I forgot.

Ie. in the grand scheme of things I haven't achieved much. :P

In regards to the "Reviving the Sheets" thread (and now in addition the facebook requests thread), this whole inter-thread, inter-user thing might get unwieldy quite quickly if some communication isn't put in place. We should probably put in some sort of system for organising how this'll work. :)

Also, couple quick things with the list you gave me:

• DrP has listed King Dodongo & Volvagia Battle as being on the site, but I can't find it on there.
  • Dropped in-progress by dahans - Greek Garden? WHAT THE POOP FLAKES (if you meant Green Garden from Bomberman 64 I never had him listed as having claimed it anyway, so no problems there).

The Deku Trombonist

Perhaps I'm a little slow off the mark here, but how do these two threads fit together?

WiiMan96

The Reviving thread is supposed to house requests made by members not active this year because I'm running out of room in this one.

Though this is going to get needlessly complicated fast. :P

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: WiiMan96 on August 21, 2011, 04:09:53 AMThough this is going to get needlessly complicated fast. :P

That's what I'm a little concerned about