News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Meaning behind your usernames

Started by Dalonzo, July 29, 2009, 12:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Jompa

Jompa, because my name is Jon Martin, so the Jo comes from Jon, and the M comes from Martin, and the Pa comes from.. ...pa, or something..
Jompa has been my nickname since eternity, first given to me by my father, and then later used by my classmates, and is now being used as my fake copyright to scare of evil fake arrangers trying to steal my work :P
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Mashi on January 25, 2013, 09:53:44 AMvermilionvermin is a Vulpix. :O
But... You can't find Vulpix in Vermilion City...

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 25, 2013, 11:03:53 AMBut... You can't find Vulpix in Vermilion City...
Vemilion is a color, that is red, which is from the mineral cinnabar...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermilion

Vulpix is a vermilion-red color, which means that it is a vermilion-colored "vermin" to Celadon City.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

My entire life I've thought vermillion was green

this is crazy

MoboMoga

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 25, 2013, 01:01:46 PMMy entire life I've thought vermillion was green

me too...i thought it was a sort of leafy green color o.o

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Solution: vermilionvermin is a Shiny Vulpix.

SlowPokemon

Well, vermilion is technically red but it can also be bright green.

Final solution: vermilionvermin is both Vulpix and shiny Vulpix.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

A+

Also:
23:08   Vera   Is it because vermilion is also green and you lied about being a vulpix???
23:09   Nighthawk1   wait vermilion is a red color
23:10   Vera   It's apparently also the name for a green colour too, hahaha.
23:10   Nighthawk1   why would i be talking about the green if i'm referring to vulpix
23:10   Nighthawk1   http://www.google.com/search?q=vermilion&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=LlcDUeChJI768QTOhoGgAg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=630 all of these are red!
23:10   Vera   http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=1784.msg193953#msg193953
23:11   Nighthawk1   i never even read that thread
23:11   Nighthawk1   people are talking about me behind my back!!!
23:12   Vera   
23:12   Vera   Gossip!!!

vermilionvermin

I came up with the name with the red color in mind.  Mashi's accurate in that it's supposed to refer to Vulpix.  I don't know where that paint store's getting vermilion as a green color.  Maybe that color's the opposite of vermilion on the color wheel or something.  If you google "vermilion," all of the results are red!

Toby

So your name is red vermin?

Mine = Blown

Bubbles

Quote from: Terrawolf on August 23, 2011, 01:20:19 PMI like wolves, but just "wolf" as an username would be lame
BAHAHAHA im sorry wolf

Toby

Oh my, don't know whether to laugh or be awkward so I'maughing with a shocked face..

BrainyLucario

Why not start this topic up again! We've added a lot of new member's since 2013!

The origin behind my username...

Pokemon was the first Nintendo game I ever played...one pokemon in particular stood out to me as the coolest of them all...Lucario....even the name sounded cool to me.

As for the Brainy part, it might come as a shock to a lot of you, but I'm actually pretty Brainy. I might not be as smart as E. Gadd, but I know a thing or two that E. Gadd doesn't.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.