News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

I know I am! (except for some small roadblocks i've encountered trying to get those comet medals)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 02, 2010, 11:40:15 AMI know I am! (except for some small roadblocks i've encountered trying to get those comet medals)

Luckily I caught on pretty quickly that I was going to have to get them all eventually. Fleet Glide Galaxy was the hardest comet medal-wise.

And the Boo Moon green star 1 was irritating. Not that it was hard to find, just hard to get to. Some other green stars were difficult-ish too. If you don't know already, my Wii has a problem. Shuts down after about an hour of playtime. Then takes about a half hour or more to cool down. Otherwise I would have been done with the game already.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

ouch, that sucks. and that boo moon green star 1 took me some lives to reach it, but I managed to get it!

universe-X

(This kind of conversation should go into the Super Mario Galaxy 2 topic.)

DrP

but (this kind of conversation) kinda just formed on its own

Taser9090

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 02, 2010, 10:49:38 AMFleet Glide wasn't HARD, it was the Comet Medal that took me forever.
The galaxes with the Ho-oh like birds were really fun. The comet was pretty hard :p

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DrP

i loved those types of levels (the ones that get you away from the usual game play found in the Sky Station Galaxy)

SlowPokemon

Ugh... I didn't... like the loopdeloop/swoop galaxies in SMG 1.
I like regular galaxies.
Random, but...
I like Super Mario 64 because the open-air-ness gives me the feeling of wanting to explore. I feel like there's way more land than what you play through...

Taser9090

My favorite galaxy in SMG2 was Throwback galaxy. I loved the orchestrated version of Bob-omb Battlefield.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DrP

Now, THAT was fun... it was a blast from the past (and the music was great)

I say the music from SMG 2 was just great all around

SlowPokemon

Yup. Some of the tracks couldn't match up to the greats from Super Mario Galaxy 1...
I don't care what anyone says, Gusty Garden cannot be beaten by Fluffy Bluff. Though I do love it. I love Good Egg, Battlerock, and Honeyhive...
I liked the final Bowser level in super mario galaxy 2 more than the original smg 1 version though.
I love Space Storm...Throwback... haha, no one's mentioned Hightail Falls being remixed from Super Mario World... though of course you were all thinking it. ;)
I like Fluffy Bluff and Sky Station, Bowser's Galaxy Generator...the mario theme remixed for Supermassive, Mario Squared... Haha. And I loooove Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla.

DrP

Gusty Garden can't EVER be beat... but basically what you mentioned is perfect (except i didnt like the remix in supermassive)

SlowPokemon

Kinda sad... I just realized I won't ever get that first-time-playing-Pokemon feel ever again. I wish, when playing through Pokemon Ruby, I had absorbed the feelings and fun I had while playing it. My later self really wants to know...

DrP

to tell the truth, i never really got into pokemon until gold and silver came out, but i feel excited for this next update to come out in september!

SlowPokemon

I got into it around 2003... but I played silver.
370th post lol.