News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

That's one of my favorite games of all time <3 I really love the final moves for all the weapons. They're pretty sweet looking.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Zunawe

I've only ever gotten one Co-op de Grace with a few hundred hours on that game. Also, 5-star items are so impossible.

There was one point where I had Masayuki's Map. I decided to restart the game just to experience it again and lost it though.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FierceDeity

Finally got shovel knight, played through it in one sitting. What an incredible game. Perfectly captured the spirit of what it was trying to emulate, but with all of the improvements that hindsight and improved technology allow. Especially the score, I mean fuck. I'd been listening to that for months before playing, it's what convinced me to buy it.

My favorite aspect of the gameplay was the completely seamless way it introduced new mechanics. Minor instructions on relics and abilities, and that's about it for anything overt; every other aspect of the gameplay was introduced in a very mega man-esque way, with new level mechanics being introduced at a perfectly manageable level before getting more intense and reintegrated with the previous mechanics. I'm pretty sure it did this even better than mega man, to be honest, because they stayed in a very good range of "challenging but not too punishing". The whole dark souls "recover your currency from where you died" was a nice touch, too (though it often left you fucked after falling into a pit).

mikey

I'm really looking forward to getting that once I've played the 4 Zelda games I still have for my 3DS
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

My game store got a 40-50% bargain on everything :) because they were running out of business  :-\, so I took the chance and bought a lot of games. Two of the games I bought are The Last Story and Soul Calibur II which I'm currently playing. In Soul Calibur II I've completed the weapon master, and I'm now on the extra levels. And some of those are incredibly hard, like northern algol, wtf!?? I've also unlocked all characters except one.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

blueflower999

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 12, 2015, 11:49:07 PMFinally got shovel knight, played through it in one sitting. What an incredible game. Perfectly captured the spirit of what it was trying to emulate, but with all of the improvements that hindsight and improved technology allow. Especially the score, I mean fuck. I'd been listening to that for months before playing, it's what convinced me to buy it.

My favorite aspect of the gameplay was the completely seamless way it introduced new mechanics. Minor instructions on relics and abilities, and that's about it for anything overt; every other aspect of the gameplay was introduced in a very mega man-esque way, with new level mechanics being introduced at a perfectly manageable level before getting more intense and reintegrated with the previous mechanics. I'm pretty sure it did this even better than mega man, to be honest, because they stayed in a very good range of "challenging but not too punishing". The whole dark souls "recover your currency from where you died" was a nice touch, too (though it often left you fucked after falling into a pit).
I agree with this all the way, Shovel Knight is like a more polished and more modern version of the classic Mega Man games. I'd argue that the weapons you get from beating levels aren't really as creative or fun to use as Mega Man, but for the most part Shovel Knight could be considered up there with the best Mega Man games.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 13, 2015, 05:28:40 AMMy game store got a 40-50% bargain on everything :) because they were running out of business  :-\, so I took the chance and bought a lot of games. Two of the games I bought are The Last Story and Soul Calibur II which I'm currently playing. In Soul Calibur II I've completed the weapon master, and I'm now on the extra levels. And some of those are incredibly hard, like northern algol, wtf!?? I've also unlocked all characters except one.
Some of those extra levels are 100% impossible, I swear.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Every time I play a Sonic game, I get in a "PLAY ALL THE SONIC GAMES!!!!!!" mood, so that's where I am right now. The latest is a hack called "Sonic 1 Special Version," and it's pretty interesting.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 16, 2015, 06:59:09 PMSome of those extra levels are 100% impossible, I swear.

Well I've beaten Northern Algol and the Final Boss level. It's funny how you might think that the final boss should be the hardest, but IMO northern algol was harder, haven't played them all, might be some that are even harder. Sometimes I feel more lucky than skillful winning. I'm using Yoshimitsu, and using neutral combo a, a>, kick(deals lot of damage if it hits), k>>(can ring out opponents),and sometimes try to block, very basic stuff, and hope that the opponent doesn't get a hit because they can capitalize very well on hits and sometimes they can lead into a death combo. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

TheDreamingHawk

Now I'm in the middle of playing Earthbound Beginnings right now. As my favorite in the Mother series I'm really happy to be playing through it again, but this time in english! (Before I used an imported copy of Mother 1+2 on the GBA) I'm also playing through parts of Ys Book I and II on the Wii Virtual Console in preparation for a video idea I have in my head. That game is really good, even though looking back the text is very slow.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Yug_Guy

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 18, 2015, 02:13:48 PMNow I'm in the middle of playing Earthbound Beginnings right now. As my favorite in the Mother series I'm really happy to be playing through it again, but this time in english! (Before I used an imported copy of Mother 1+2 on the GBA) I'm also playing through parts of Ys Book I and II on the Wii Virtual Console in preparation for a video idea I have in my head. That game is really good, even though looking back the text is very slow.
Can I ask; is Earthbound Beginnings better, worse, or the same as Earthbound? I'm considering getting it, although right now mostly for the "suddenly available" factor.

mikey

I have 3 stars in all the courses on mk8 now, except for mirror cc and 200cc.  ONWARD
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 19, 2015, 09:20:49 AMI have 3 stars in all the courses on mk8 now, except for mirror cc and 200cc.  ONWARD
Same here.....Warning: 200cc is hard!
Mirror is easy

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 18, 2015, 08:42:43 PMCan I ask; is Earthbound Beginnings better, worse, or the same as Earthbound? I'm considering getting it, although right now mostly for the "suddenly available" factor.

Depends on your skill with RPGS. It's shorter than Earthbound, but much more difficult than Earthbound as well, especially in the very beginning of the game where enemies can 1-hit you and you don't learn any helpful PSI moves except for Lifeup alpha. It's not nearly as boring as Earthbound's first hour of gameplay, though since if you know what you're doing you can get past the first areas of the game very quickly, especially if you know which enemies give the most EXP without hurting you that much. You will need to grind a bit though, but not too much if you buy the right equipment. After you get your second party member, you actually have a lot of freedom. If you want to grind a lot, you can skip parts of the game and do them out of order, since the only thing that is blocking your way at that point are insanely difficult enemies. You WILL need a map for a few dungeons in the game, however.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm playing Sonic Adventure now!

Why am I still playing Sonic Adventure.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber