News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 14, 2014, 07:49:23 PMIt's weird I'm great at Pokémon and Mario & Luigi but I am absolutely terrible at most JRPGs like I did play Persona 4 Golden recently but that was on easy mode
You and I are like brothers!! Except I don't have a clue who this Layton fella is. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Echo

Huh. I'm kinda surprised about the reception to Paper Mario compared to Mario & Luigi, because from what I've played of the first two Paper Mario games, I felt that they're pretty similar to the Mario & Luigi games in terms of combat and story, just with flatter characters.

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 14, 2014, 06:06:09 PM60+ hours in FE: Sacred Stones

Haha, how much of those hours in Sacred Stones were grinding for Supports?

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 14, 2014, 07:49:23 PMIt's weird I'm great at Pokémon and Mario & Luigi but I am absolutely terrible at most JRPGs like I did play Persona 4 Golden recently but that was on easy mode

In Mario & Luigi though, the more important skills have to do with reflexes, like dodging and counter-attacking, or timing/mashing properly for extra damage on your attacks. Most other JRPGs are more about numbers (or rather, just spamming the strongest attack/whatever the boss's weakness is).

Quote from: Dude on May 14, 2014, 07:59:58 PMhttp://www.easymodo.net

http://youtu.be/Kc8GNaED3Ok?t=51s

fingerz

Quote from: Echo on May 14, 2014, 08:42:51 PMHuh. I'm kinda surprised about the reception to Paper Mario compared to Mario & Luigi, because from what I've played of the first two Paper Mario games, I felt that they're pretty similar to the Mario & Luigi games in terms of combat and story, just with flatter characters.
Except you can't dodge. That's the loophole I like; something that breaks the very foundation of an RPG. :P
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Echo

Quote from: fingerz on May 14, 2014, 08:44:42 PMExcept you can't dodge. That's the loophole I like; something that breaks the very foundation of an RPG. :P

Oh, the GameCube one has SuperGuarding. If you press B before getting hit, you take no damage, don't get affected by any status effect, and the enemy gets hurt if it's a contact-move too.

fingerz

SuperFireKirby

Playing P4 on new game plus. There was soooooo much satisfaction in beating Yukiko's shadow with Satan(even though I went back and did it with non-compendium personas). Absolutely love that you can summon any level persona from the compendium.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maelstrom

Quote from: Echo on May 14, 2014, 08:42:51 PMHaha, how much of those hours in Sacred Stones were grinding for Supports?
None: it was just level grinding on my second playthrough. I guess I'll never know how much time I actually spent. I left it on overnight and such and the save file for the one time says 200+ hours

SlowPokemon

Just finished Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective on Nintendo DS (but it is also for iOS).

Simply put: you MUST play this game. I had never heard of it but it has a gripping story with clever puzzles, hilarious characters and writing, great music, and beautiful visuals. It's relatively short at about 12 hours max, but it throws plot twists at you the entire way and not a single moment is wasted.

It was developed by Shu Takumi and the rest of the team behind the Ace Attorney series, and the gist is that if you enjoyed Ace Attorney to any degree, you HAVE to play Ghost Trick. Even if you didn't, though, it's a game that really anyone can enjoy. Please look for it or download it to your phone or whatever it takes for you to play this brilliant game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

I should really finish that game...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

The ending is really clever I just really enjoyed it and I'm mad that I've had the game for well over a year and didn't play it until now

McDucky

I'm playing "Fistful of Frags".
It's a super addictive Western Multiplayer FPS that's free on Steam. 

Prepare to PASS THE WHISKEY!

Olimar12345

Beat Kero Blaster today. Anyone who enjoyed Cave Story will get a kick out of this! Playing through it again shortly to make sure I didn't miss a secret ending or some shit.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: fingerz on May 14, 2014, 06:59:58 PMNever played Thousand-Year Door
That needs to change :) Its better than the first by a bunch
and as Echo said, it has superguard..which I mastered...lol

fingerz

Wow, Kirby: Triple Deluxe is HEAPS of fun! Brings back all those wonderful memories of Kirby: Superstar Ultra. The minigames are hilariously fun, too. :P

SlowPokemon

Weirdly...Mario Tennis Open has been really fun for me lately. Lame that you can't play as Rosalina even though you can play as Luma.