News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Yugi

fringe more like cringe because it's so bad

BTW, I've been away for a month, and I'm just going on autopilot.

Dude

Quote from: Yugi on January 19, 2014, 03:15:26 PMnintendo sucks its just a bunch of fucking casual games
trolling 101

SuperFireKirby

Yugi is awesome cuz he plays Persona and don't give no fucks.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

Beat Shadow Mitsuo

Fuck Shadow Mitsuo

SuperFireKirby

I feel special because I beat every boss in Persona first try, except Shadow Yukiko. I probably died 15 times against Shadow Yukiko. And she was the first boss.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Yugi

I beat Shadow

Spoiler
Yosuke, Chie, Rise and Teddie
[close]
on my first try, but

Spoiler
Shadow Yukiko took me about 8 times, Kanji 20 something, and Shadow Mitsuo 10
[close]

SlowPokemon

I bought Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D from the eShop tonight. I've never played a Donkey Kong game before, and this one looked pretty good. It's about 50% downloaded atm, has anyone else played this or the original Wii game? Is it good?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2014, 11:39:28 PMI've never played a Donkey Kong game before

GAH
You've been missing out, haha.

I never actually felt compelled to finish DKC Returns, so take that for what it's worth. It's definitely a fun game, and as always, the 2 player gameplay is nice. It just didn't really seem that special in comparison to the other DKC games; it's like they just wanted to make a game to prove that Retro can do the same things with Donkey Kong that Rare did. And I mean, they kind of can, but they do have a pretty good template to go off of. I'd say play it, if only so that you can experience a Donkey Kong Country game.

My favorite game in the franchise, though, is Donkey Kong 64, which is really more like Banjo Kazooie than any other Donkey Kong game. I would definitely recommend you try that, as I feel that that (like Banjo Kazooie) was Rare at their best.

SlowPokemon

Hm, duly noted. I have a Nintendo 64, so maybe I'll try locating DK64.

Also, over the course of a few hours last night/today I played a downloadable title called Little Inferno.

It's available on iOS, PC/Mac, and Wii U, and I highly recommend it if you're interested in playing something that is totally different from any conventional game. It's not hard, it's simple, it's addictive, and it's smart. You might not really understand what's happening in the story, but by the time you hit the end, you'll be shocked that it actually managed to make an impression on you.

It's $3 on the iOS store ($5 for the HD version), and I think $10 for PC and Wii U. It took me about 3.5 hours to finish the main story, but that's only doing about half of the puzzles in the game. If you get the chance, check it out.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2014, 11:39:28 PMI bought Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D from the eShop tonight. I've never played a Donkey Kong game before, and this one looked pretty good. It's about 50% downloaded atm, has anyone else played this or the original Wii game? Is it good?

When it comes to the 2D-platformer styled DKCs, Donkey Kong Country 3's my personal favourite, but I would recommend DKC2 since it's just as fun and has the best OST in my opinion. DKC Returns was a decent game, but definitely on the bottom of my list for DKC titles. I liked the 3DS version better than the Wii one at least, and Tropical Freeze looks awesome, so Returns is worth playing to at least get a feel for the series.

Little Inferno was neat, but I feel like it's too much of a "one-and-done" deal. I didn't buy it myself and only borrowed it, but I definitely didn't have any urge to go back to it after playing through it once.

SlowPokemon

True, I don't exactly feel compelled to go play it again. But it did have a point that made me think, which is pretty rare in a video game, so there's that.

KefkaticFanatic

Metal Gear Rising is probably one of the most entertaining games I've ever played.  The combat is always satisfying, soundtrack keeps you pumped up, and there's enough variety in situations and boss fights to make it an overall super fun experience.  Had a chance to play just a bit past the second boss a few days back and everything is all like

me irl
[close]

Yugi

Also, I beat VVVVVV in 55:40

Am I not the most skilled gamer of NSM?