News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

But Spirit Tracks was mediocre and Oracle of Seasons was lousy compared to Oracle of Ages.
Also, CDi games anyone?

Nebbles

I CAN'T WAIT TO BOMB SOME DODONGOS
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Olimar12345

^fak u that one was great! D:<

You just can't beat it!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

Oracle of Ages was really hard.

Also, Spirit Tracks, number one Zelda game.

Trainer Ave

Dude Oracle of Ages was a million times better than Oracle of Seasons. Despite what people say about Spirit Tracks (most of whom have never played it) it's a great Zelda game. Ocarina of Time is enjoyable but only the first time you play it. Zelda II is trash for a Zelda game. Minish Cap is amazing. Majora's Mask is amazing. Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds are phenomenal. Skyward Sword is amazing. Twilight Princess is mediocre at best. Majora's Mask is wonderful. Triforce Heroes is a piece of crap. I've never played Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, or the Wind Waker. Phantom Hourglass was really fun to play.

There we go. I think I've given my opinion on every Zelda game except Breath of the Wild
and the CDi games because fuck that shit.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Olimar12345

To be fair, most people who say Zelda II sucks are either the ones who haven't put the time in and actually give it an honest try or the ones who say "but it doesn't look/work like any other Zelda game!" I.e. not taking in to consideration that this was THE second Zelda game ever made; franchise norms had not been established.

...this is what I would say to someone normally, but further down your post you praise SS and shit on TP, so who cares what you think xD

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

My opinion on all zelda games I've experienced:
Link's Awakening is very fun and enjoyable but is kinda short.
Ocarina of Time is mediocre.
Majora's Mask isn't for me (I don't enjoy much of the side-quests).
Oracle of Seasons is very fun and has many awesome references to the first Zelda.
Oracle of Ages is very hard and has the best dungeons/bosses.
Wind Waker has a lot to offer.
Twilight Princess seems only to offer in the main adventure.
Phantom Hourglass is a great first Zelda game and has unique ideas.
Spirit Tracks executes everything greatly, but has too much for little reward.
Four Swords Anniversary edition is really fun!
A Link Between Worlds is great for the first play-through.
Triforce Heroes is really fun in Single Player.

mikey

Spirit tracks is actually great.  Want proof?  Beat it, then try to play phantom hourglass without crying about crappy graphics and controls
unmotivated

Nebbles

you come into my house, talk shit about majora's mask

cashwarrior1

Majora's mask wasn't as good as I was expecting honestly. People over-hyped it for me.

mikey

First zelda is good.  Second zelda is first zelda on pot meth and steroids .  a link to the past is one of the best snes games ever and has aged incredibly well.  Links awakening is better in color but it has a great story and it's one of my favorites.  Oracle games are pretty good, but I think their only improvement is graphics, otherwise LA is just better.  Ocarina is solid, but overhyped.  Also ages pretty well for a 3D game.  Majoras Mask is unique and also one of my favorites.  Minish cap is the quintessential zelda game and has a lot in common with different games while still having imo some of the strongest gameplay.  One of my favorites.  Wind Waker is beyond words.  My favorite.  Twilight princess is for the OoT fans.  The exploration was good but otherwise the game is boring.  Phantom hourglass and spirit tracks have unique controls that I think work really well.  I loved drawing notes on my map and it allowed for fun gameplay with items, although sometimes frustrating.  Skyward Sword is a must play and a lot of the New era of zelda will be based off this one.  One of my favorites.  Link between world's is cool, and is a good callback to one of the best.  TFH is different, but still feels like a zelda game and for that reason I enjoy it.
unmotivated

Nebbles

I love Majora's Mask so much I did a goddamn presentation on it last semester

Trainer Ave

Ok so I just realized I forgot a couple games.
The original Zelda is freaking AMAZING. I absolutely LOVE Link's Awakening

@Olimar I said TP was mediocre not bad. It's a decent game but not a great one. As for Zelda II I stated that it is trash for a Zelda game. I feel like the mechanics of Zelda II do not fit within the overall series. If I were to play Zelda II without the pretense of it being a Zelda game, I would say it was a pretty good game. However it is a far cry from the original Zelda and Link to the Past. Also on skyward sword. I love that game so far. The gameplay is enjoyable, the soundtrack is wonderful and the idea of living in the sky......well that's just awesome.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

SlowPokemon

I don't even think Ocarina of Time is overhyped. It's just great. I loved Majora's Mask but I feel like it's almost too cryptic and tedious to be really enjoyable for me or anything that I'd play twice. I did feel really rewarded at the end, but not as much as I felt I was entitled to.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.