News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Well, say I needed a kangaskhan and don't have access to an 'm and suck at the safari zone, the ditto trick is the easiest way of getting one.

mikey

yeah but if a trainer on cycling road generated kangaskhan that would be easier because you need to battle a trainer anyway
unmotivated

Dude

Lol finding either a 2 or a 258 special might be a bit difficult without using ditto

cashwarrior1

I just finished playing my first pokemon mystery dungeon game (Pokemon super mystery dungeon) and I'm about to cry.  :'(

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

meh, you can get by without playing the others and still die happy
unmotivated

braix

Indeed you can, but more is better
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

if you play more you don't die happy, you die very very sad
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Imported Last Window: The Secret of Cape West from the UK since it never came out in America, and I'm a little ways into it. For those of you who don't know, it's the sequel to this lovely little DS game called Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Nintendo published the games (there's a trophy of the main character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl), but Cing, the company who developed them, went bankrupt after the second game was released. So it never got released outside of Japan and Europe and future installment plans never came to light. I totally recommend looking for a copy of Hotel Dusk if you're the type to enjoy adventure games like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Professor Layton; it's got a great story.

I really like this one so far. I'm very into the mystery of it all.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

^jelly. Hotel dusk was great and I've always wanted to import this.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Same! It's taken me two years since playing Hotel Dusk to import it just because the cost is a little too high for me to deem it worthwhile. But a few weeks ago, I turned pages for a professor at this long recital he and another professor were doing, and as a thank you gift he gave me an Amazon card. So I decided to spend it on Last Window and just pay the difference whatever it was. I'm really happy because it came with the packaging and instruction manual and everything, which is more than I have for the original Hotel Dusk loool (it was so hard to track down).

Speaking of which, European Nintendo DS cases are stupidly thick. Like, American DS packaging is already awkwardly thick, but the box this came in is like the size of a four disc CD case.

That was way too long but. Yeah I'm liking Last Window so far.

Dude

Did I ever mention how much smaller the cases are for Japanese GameCube games than ours

They're a bit thicker but still...

Olimar12345

^they're tiny! (I have Pikmin and Pikmin 2)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Soooooo I'm still playing Last Window, and although my file time is only 6 hours, my activity log has me at almost eight. Why? Because I'm doing this game without a walkthrough, meaning that I'll agonize for ages over a puzzle and get some game overs in the process, and like the original Hotel Dusk, some of the reasoning behind getting a game over is ridiculous.

Example: you need to play a cassette tape with someone's voice at one point. The game gives you no hints whatsoever as to how to get it to work. So after stumbling around the building for a while, I realized I had to play it in Kyle's answering machine (since it's set in 1980, everything is rather vintage). First you need to eject the answering machine cassette. Then put the new cassette tape in, oh but wait, do you want side A or side B? I picked side A, and when the tape wouldn't play, I figured I needed to rewind it. After letting it rewind as much as it can, something messes up and the cassette tape breaks. That's an instant game over, no joke, and the game gives you no warning about it at all. So when I replayed my progress from the last save up until then and gave it another go, I chose Side A again and rewound it, but before it was done rewinding, I hit play. Ah yes, that works! Oh wait, it's just a silly song. Side A isn't the right side. Okay, side B it is. I eject it and swap the sides, and soon realize this side WILL let you rewind as far as you need to without breaking the tape. Great. Oh, but when you play it, it's incomprehensible and too quiet for Kyle to hear. Pressing any of the other buttons does nothing and there's no way to listen to it. So I went searching around the entire apartment building the game is set in, looking for another cassette tape player (I had seen them around) but after a long time searching everything possible, I realize there's nothing to be done. Determined to get the answer without looking it up, I keep messing with Kyle's answering machine until FINALLY I stumble on the answer: you need to hit play, then fast forward before it starts playing. This somehow makes the tape play comprehensively. Does that make even a SHRED of sense to anyone? No? Me neither. The most laughable thing about this, though, is like I said before the game gives NO HINTS whatsoever and makes no indication that you need to do that, nor any in game explanation for why it made the tape work. It's just hilariously obscure. I still feel proud of myself for figuring out the answer, though, however cryptic it was.

MaestroUGC

You've clearly never messed with cassettes before, there's a long and varied history of secret messages and such by messing with playback if analog audio equipment.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.