News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

What are you playing right now?

Started by ALPRAS, July 14, 2009, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: Yugi on March 06, 2015, 03:37:10 PMi bought sonic adventure

i'm going to hell for this
At least you didn't buy Assassin's Creed Unity
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Yugi on March 06, 2015, 03:37:10 PMi bought sonic adventure

i'm going to hell for this
sonic adventure wasn't bad for its time. It just hasn't held up well at all.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Skyrim
Oblivion
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Zelda U is open world.
Far Cry 3 is pretty cool.

KefkaticFanatic

I'm playing look at the menu screen of Peace Walker whenever my PC sleeps and switches to the other input which I've had on pause for 2 weeks thinking I'll have time to just play for a few minutes but actually I don't.

me irl
[close]

Yugi

lol at how inaccurate this list is

Maelstrom

mikey

so a fish is actually electric type
and it has levitate
???
but if they were gonna do that why no sableye cuz he was first
unmotivated

blueflower999

Eelektross is in like one of the lowest tiers of competitive play lol
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Pianist Da Sootopolis

He's in RU, so not too awfully low. He can often hold his own in OU, and is a good counter to BL threats like Manaphy. He's not game breakingly amazing, or really at all unfair, but he's still good.
Something to remember is that all tier listings from OU downward is based on usage, not by how good they are (there are limitations are guidelines in place to make sure that pokemon like magikarp don't go up to OU purely because hipsters took over the competitive scene).
what is shitpost

JDMEK5

I love Eelektross so much and it sucks that it sucks so much.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 07, 2015, 07:26:43 PMHe's in RU, so not too awfully low. He can often hold his own in OU, and is a good counter to BL threats like Manaphy. He's not game breakingly amazing, or really at all unfair, but he's still good.
yeaaah let me just stop you right there. often? eelektross gets its shit handed to him in OU, people don't use it even in UU for a reason. shitty recovery and even that is in form of giga drain(which isn't really suitable for OU), can't switch in to shit because it can only take a hit or two and can't even recover reliably back. shitty defensive typing. setup fodder for every mon with calm mind+recovery like clefable and sableye. even if you swap giga drain for hp ice which you would do to hit dragons, it's still a 3hko and your best move against mons like altaria who continue to setup dds.

lmao counter to manaphy? you should check your dictionary for the definition of a counter, as after one tail glow manaphy easily 2hkoes eelektross who can't ohko back even with tbolt. even +1 calm mind scald does like 40%. besides you're dumb af if the reason you add eelektross to your team is to check manaphy lol

tl;dr rotom-w, manectric or raikou will literally do everything better than eelektross ever will. something to remember is that if a mon isn't used much in the competitive scene, there's a reason for it. imo it's trash

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 07, 2015, 07:26:43 PMSomething to remember is that all tier listings from OU downward is based on usage, not by how good they are (there are limitations are guidelines in place to make sure that pokemon like magikarp don't go up to OU purely because hipsters took over the competitive scene).
actually you're wrong, 99% of the time they hold suspect tests where the community(=players who reach a high enough of a ranking on the suspect ladder) gets to vote should the pokemon that is suspected to be unhealthy for the metagame be banned from the tier or not. tier lists aren't defined by usage, they're defined by the community. this is why I don't get why people shit on Smogon for banning "so much", it's essentially democracy.
Spoiler
Quote from: how the council and the system works for quick bans and suspect testsAs for the procedure, the council will employ towards handling bans within two protocols: 1) quick bans and 2) suspect tests.

I) Quick bans will be made when a certain aspect (be it a Pokémon, an ability, a move, an item or a combination of the aforementioned) of the metagame becomes so blatantly broken that passing it through a formal suspect test would be a waste of time and effort for everyone. From now on, quick bans will be made according to the following circumstances:

1. Before the council makes the final decision, a thread will be posted in Policy Review, so that everyone who has posting privileges in that forum will get the chance to weigh in and potentially influence the decision. The thread will stay open for approximately one week;
2. When the decision is made, the council will post a thread in Uncharted Territory. The post will provide the reasons behind the ban.

II) Suspect tests will be the standard protocol for handling bans and unbans, much like it happened during the B/W era. Suspect tests will last approximately one month each and will abide by the following procedure:
1. The council identifies a potentially unhealthy aspect of the metagame and posts a discussion thread about it in Uncharted Territory. The purpose for this is to see what the playerbase, at large, thinks;
2. If there's enough demand for a suspect test, the council announces a suspect test. A suspect ladder is then implemented on Pokémon Showdown and a formal suspect thread is posted in the Uncharted Territory forum, for people to share their experiences on the ladder and to discuss the effects of the suspect in the metagame. For those that are interested in voting, they are required to achieve a certain rating/deviation on the ladder;
3. After the account identification phase occurs, eligible voters vote on the suspect along with the council members (who are automatically qualified for voting);
4. If the suspect achieves a certain majority, it is banned from the metagame (or unbanned, in case of formerly banned subjects).
[close]

mikey

oh the pokenerd junk hurts me
let's talk about zelda instead
unmotivated

Nebbles

STILL playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate like crazy. It's so good.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel