News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

What's you favortie key signature?

Started by Petpetfood, July 03, 2009, 08:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

I tend to lean towards a nice E minor key.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

KefkaticFanatic

C sharp minor, because some of my favourite Rachmaninov pieces use it.

me irl
[close]

ALPRAS

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 05, 2009, 06:44:30 AMC sharp minor, because some of my favourite Rachmaninov pieces use it.
That's true. I like the famous prelude Op.3 No.2... and also a bunch of other pieces....
but C minor is always the best..

GreekGeek

I'm playing the Nocturne of Rachmaninoff now, it's lovely, even though it's in A minor.

ALPRAS

I didnt know that He have made a nocturne. Ill check it out :P

PseudoMario16

My favorite key is the A blues key, so A Mixolydian. or, wait, that's a scale. How about Gb Minor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

WiiMan96

C major's always good.  :P One of Koji Kondo's general traits as a composer is using as little accidentals as possible, and he composes some awesome songs, I'm sure we can all agree.  ;)

PseudoMario16

Quote from: WiiMan96 on July 10, 2009, 04:11:18 AMC major's always good.  :P One of Koji Kondo's general traits as a composer is using as little accidentals as possible, and he composes some awesome songs, I'm sure we can all agree.  ;)

Um, have you actually seen the mario song? there's accidental all over the place. same with the mario 2 overworld. Although you are right in that he composes some awesome songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

WiiMan96

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on July 10, 2009, 04:18:12 AM
Quote from: WiiMan96 on July 10, 2009, 04:11:18 AMC major's always good.  :P One of Koji Kondo's general traits as a composer is using as little accidentals as possible, and he composes some awesome songs, I'm sure we can all agree.  ;)

Um, have you actually seen the mario song? there's accidental all over the place. same with the mario 2 overworld. Although you are right in that he composes some awesome songs

Yeah. Not I said GENERAL traits. ;)

Some songs I were referring to included many Zelda songs (Lost Woods, Plumm's Theme) and others such as...

Okay, you win. :P

Petpetfood

I'll tell you who uses C Major a lot. Grant Kirkhope. Either he goes C major, then F sharp minor then E flat Major, all in 7 measure, or he puts a lot of his music in C major.

ALPRAS

Quote from: Petpetfood on July 10, 2009, 12:07:02 PMI'll tell you who uses C Major a lot. Grant Kirkhope. Either he goes C major, then F sharp minor then E flat Major, all in 7 measure, or he puts a lot of his music in C major.

I think Its D major, then F-sharp major, and then E flat major :P

Brassman388

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on July 10, 2009, 04:18:12 AM

I can agree, but all those accidentals resides in the C-major key. Revolving and adapting in the music.

Pyre

I like C-minor.

I love flats; dislike sharps. That's an odd thing, most wind players like flats, while strings like sharps.

It's weird.

SirIngusBingus

Quotemost wind players like flats

UNTRUE sax players usually prefer sharps. Same with trumpets.

Petpetfood

I prefer flats. Gah, this is turning into the What do you prefer, flats or sharps? topic.