News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Olimar12345's Arrangements

Started by Olimar12345, July 03, 2009, 02:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on July 02, 2010, 04:48:47 PMIt sounds great except i have a couple of problems

1) The left hand should not sound so simple, maybe add a couple of notes to make a chord
2) at measure 36 the dynamic should be a mp or a mf to crescendo into a f or a ff in measure 37.

Otherwise i love it and i think its great and i'm printing it RIGHT NOW!

1) thats what frustrated me, see some parts in the recording have such a loud melody that the bass lines are almost drowned out, so it was harder to figure it out

2) i think its fine, it makes the fortissimo in 42 sound more powerful :)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

I kinda have a couple of issues with the opening and some of the other bits later on but I only really took a good look at the opening. The rhythms are off in the first 3 bars (it should be in 4/4, not 7/8) ad some of the left hand chords are a bit weird. I can upload some of the corrections I made if you want. Pretty good overall though, it is quite a pain to transcribe :P.

Meta-Ridley

I like Sky Station but I think it sounded better in the trailer

Bloop

In some parts in sky station is the left hand louder then the right

DrP

Quote from: Bloop on July 02, 2010, 11:48:50 PMIn some parts in sky station is the left hand louder then the right

that's a finale problem... it sucks sometimes

and the 7/8 time was kind of strange, but if a 4/4 standard can be adapted, it would make it easier to play (because basically anything /8 is in a triplet feel rather then in straight 1 2 3 4)

Olimar12345

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on July 02, 2010, 08:45:38 PMI kinda have a couple of issues with the opening and some of the other bits later on but I only really took a good look at the opening. The rhythms are off in the first 3 bars (it should be in 4/4, not 7/8) ad some of the left hand chords are a bit weird. I can upload some of the corrections I made if you want. Pretty good overall though, it is quite a pain to transcribe :P.

ok show me. im using 03 so i wont be able to edit it tho.

EDIT: ok, i cant figure out HOW 4/4 would work in the opening, i listened to it a million times and all 5 of us agree 7/8 works fine
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Meta-Ridley

Would you be able to do the trailer version? It's only the Beginning and the Coda/Finale that's different  :o

Olimar12345

The Deku Trombonist

As I said earlier, I pretty much only looked at the first 8 bar intro and the counter melody in the subsequent 8 bars. Also, what you wrote in bar 8 isn't right, but I can't really be bothered to spend heaps of time trying work out what it's supposed to be either. I just wrote down the end result of some messing around.

http://www.mediafire.com/?igzdegzzrn2

As for the 7/8 vs 4/4 thing, try clicking your fingers (or a click track or whatever else) along to the beat of the orignal, 4/4 fits fine.

Olimar12345

ah i see wat u meant with the opening, i didnt know u meant to tie the note across the measure ;)

as for the counter melody, what you've done collides with the left hand-its probably best to just leave out that Bb in some areas...

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: olimar12345 on July 04, 2010, 04:52:06 AMas for the counter melody, what you've done collides with the left hand-its probably best to just leave out that Bb in some areas...
Oops, I forgot to look for that :P. That means there'd also be at least one Bâ™® that collides with a left hand Cb somewhere.

And I think I forgot to mention that I also made quite a few changes to the left hand.

Olimar12345

super mario world ending replacement is complete. huzzah.

Olimar12345

Taser9090

Are there links to your arrangements?

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover