News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The problem thread

Started by dahans, July 01, 2009, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

Quote from: dahans on July 06, 2009, 06:39:22 AMI fully agree with you Alpras, but there is one thing I want to add: Either you are too shy to ask your friends to hang out, or you just want to wait for them to call. However, if you just wait, they might think that you are not interested in them. I had the same problems 3 years ago.

I use to be very shy, but then Ive changed, because of my friends. Sometimes we have to confront our selves and say "No! Ill not be shy" (or something). After those confronts, itll be musch easier.

After that (about 2 years), I already had 6 girlfriends and a lot of friends, and now Im happy :)

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 06, 2009, 06:52:01 AMI once had a low self esteem. I had never had a girlfriend, I didn't have many friends, and I didn't have a picture perfect face so to speak. Then I realize something. I didn't care. I didn't care about making new friends having a girlfriend and I didn't care much about my appearance. And with that my self-esteem came back completely. Not caring about anything except school is probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

Another good Solution :P

SirIngusBingus

Here I go with my professional response. Just read it through with an open mind:

I used to be the same way. Total nerd, unpopular with girls, had no one to talk to. I was miserable.

Then something happened.

I was at a summer camp, and we were all outside up on this large balcony. I just kinda leaned up against the wall, with my hands in my pockets. Somebody came over and asked me something, which I answered normally. Afterwards, he said to me, "Wow, man, you're really laid back."

I thought about it. I had never thought of myself as laid back before. I always thought I was kinda uptight. This kid's statement affected me. From that point on, I decided, subconsciously, to be more laid back. Ever since that day, I've been less worried about what people think, and I've made more friends in the process. I feel looser, and it's a great feeling.

Here's the bottom line of all this: All of my misery and such, it was all in my head. Now before you get fired up "It's not my fault!", consider this. Try acting a bit different. Be calm. When someone bumps into you, instead of getting angry, help the kid up. Just look at yourself as a better person, and you'll become a better person. I know I sound like one of those stupid pamphlets you get at school assemblies, but give it a shot. It works. It did for me.

Oh, and by the way, GreekGeek, you do have friends. Us. We're your friends, every single one of us. Even Gamer. Think about that. You have around 20 friends who like you without ever having met you. All we know is your personality.

As for appearance, I don't know what you look like, but I've never felt more confident than when I'm wearing jeans and a T-shirt. And my long hair. Long hair is liberating. Just saying.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 06, 2009, 09:08:35 AMLong hair is liberating. Just saying.
That right there is the truest part.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ALPRAS

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 06, 2009, 09:08:35 AMHere I go with my professional response. Just read it through with an open mind:

I used to be the same way. Total nerd, unpopular with girls, had no one to talk to. I was miserable.

Then something happened.

I was at a summer camp, and we were all outside up on this large balcony. I just kinda leaned up against the wall, with my hands in my pockets. Somebody came over and asked me something, which I answered normally. Afterwards, he said to me, "Wow, man, you're really laid back."

I thought about it. I had never thought of myself as laid back before. I always thought I was kinda uptight. This kid's statement affected me. From that point on, I decided, subconsciously, to be more laid back. Ever since that day, I've been less worried about what people think, and I've made more friends in the process. I feel looser, and it's a great feeling.

Here's the bottom line of all this: All of my misery and such, it was all in my head. Now before you get fired up "It's not my fault!", consider this. Try acting a bit different. Be calm. When someone bumps into you, instead of getting angry, help the kid up. Just look at yourself as a better person, and you'll become a better person. I know I sound like one of those stupid pamphlets you get at school assemblies, but give it a shot. It works. It did for me.

Oh, and by the way, GreekGeek, you do have friends. Us. We're your friends, every single one of us. Even Gamer. Think about that. You have around 20 friends who like you without ever having met you. All we know is your personality.

As for appearance, I don't know what you look like, but I've never felt more confident than when I'm wearing jeans and a T-shirt. And my long hair. Long hair is liberating. Just saying.

Completely true.

GreekGeek

Wow, djeez guys. You're really profs with this. Thanks so much for your advice. And it was great to hear that I can consider you guys as friends.

ALPRAS

Quote from: GreekGeek on July 07, 2009, 01:30:28 PMWow, djeez guys. You're really profs with this. Thanks so much for your advice. And it was great to hear that I can consider you guys as friends.

Well, you already know me :) You and everyone can count with my help :D since Ive already suffer almost all type of feelings and problems, I can teach you in everything...almost

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: GreekGeek on July 07, 2009, 01:30:28 PMWow, djeez guys. You're really profs with this. Thanks so much for your advice. And it was great to hear that I can consider you guys as friends.

Yeah, Ingus is really Dr. Phil's older brother.

SuperFireKirby

Does Ingus like speaking in the third person now?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Well, Ingus isn't here, Mario's been subbing for him. I'm sure he'll be back by Thursday.

Brassman388

Wow. This sure is an interesting thread. I'll be sure to come back when I have something alittle bit more useful to say. Haha, sorry.

Harvest

Well ok, I shaved somewhere that is a long way from my face and lets just say I shouldn't have.
-

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 07, 2009, 08:10:41 PMWell, Ingus isn't here, Mario's been subbing for him. I'm sure he'll be back by Thursday.
Oh okay. Wait, what?

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 08, 2009, 07:06:55 AM
Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 07, 2009, 08:10:41 PMWell, Ingus isn't here, Mario's been subbing for him. I'm sure he'll be back by Thursday.
Oh okay. Wait, what?

<---

Quote from: Harvest on July 07, 2009, 08:55:36 PMWell ok, I shaved somewhere that is a long way from my face and lets just say I shouldn't have.

If you're not careful, you'll end up like Jerry Seinfeld.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SirIngusBingus