News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The problem thread

Started by dahans, July 01, 2009, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petpetfood

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 12, 2009, 03:07:56 AM
Quote from: Petpetfood on July 11, 2009, 10:35:40 PMI have a nasty canker Saur, MAKE IT GO AWAY! I CAN'T EAT SALTY FOODS BECAUSE OF IT!

Pour a mound of salt onto it, yes, it will burn like wholly hell, but it's worth it. You have to let it bleed out and go numb after that for it to go away.
Some thing tells me that will work, but it won't work when I try it.

Maybe its the curse of luck.

SuperFireKirby

A less drastic thing to do is get a glass of water. Pour about a table spoon of salt into it. Heat it in the moicrowave for about fifteen seconds. And then just swish the water for about thirty seconds.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Or, you could just buy some lip balm and use that.

GreekGeek

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 12, 2009, 08:13:32 AMOr, you could just buy some lip balm and use that.
But that's too expensive *ahum*
Yeah people, we're talking about real problems now!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 12, 2009, 08:13:32 AMOr, you could just buy some lip balm and use that.
ummm... kanker sores usually occur on the inside of your mouth. I think you're thinking of a cold sore. Or herpes.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

Ah yes it was the second one.

Which of the following doesn't belong? Herpes, Measles, AIDS, Banjo Players?

...Measles. You can get rid of measles! Hahahahahahahahaha....

Back on topic, anybody feel psychologically screwed up right now?

Brassman388

I'm a bit depressed, not sure why though.

SirIngusBingus

Brassman388

Well, it's not that severe, it's just the usual bullshit that comes with having to change with time. Such as gaining more and more responsibilites and having to acually become some kind of a statistic. Knowing that 3/4's of a person's life is nearly over, and yet somehow, still get's treated like a child. I haven't really had a good relationship with parents, but that's because the have failed to be the proper parents that the should have. And for that, they have crucified me to the brink of insanity, making it seem like it was my fault that as a child, that I wasn't considerate enough to involve myself with the family. To think that parents were to really do that to a kid. I suppose their quote of the day is "Ignorance is Bliss, no matter what the cost"... Yeah, thanks father, it really helped in the end you shit-faced peice of shit.

Well, there you have it. My problem of the year. :D

SirIngusBingus

The standard adolescent situation. Let me guess, whenever you decide to try to do somethig for your family, they ignore or don't notice it, right? The difficult truth to accept here is, they never will. However, you shouldn't stop your efforts, you should get angry at them. You should be furious. But, to solve your problems, you need to learn to eliminate that fury altogether. Once you reach the point where you can do something for them for nothing and be happy about it, you'll have improved yourself to a level above that of an average human, to a point where you can consider yourself a good person. Your family won't see it, but you will, and that's what counts.

Bottom line, you can't solve this problem, only make it go away.

I know I sound like a shrink, but it is a psychology thread.

triforced1

Quote from: Brassman388 on July 13, 2009, 11:50:44 PMWell, it's not that severe, it's just the usual bullshit that comes with having to change with time. Such as gaining more and more responsibilites and having to acually become some kind of a statistic. Knowing that 3/4's of a person's life is nearly over, and yet somehow, still get's treated like a child. I haven't really had a good relationship with parents, but that's because the have failed to be the proper parents that the should have. And for that, they have crucified me to the brink of insanity, making it seem like it was my fault that as a child, that I wasn't considerate enough to involve myself with the family. To think that parents were to really do that to a kid. I suppose their quote of the day is "Ignorance is Bliss, no matter what the cost"... Yeah, thanks father, it really helped in the end you shit-faced peice of shit.

Well, there you have it. My problem of the year. :D

Try to channel your anger and fury into working, even though your parents don't care, and once you REALLY realize that your parents don't care, then your life will be a lot happier.

SuperFireKirby

Once I channeled my anger into my phone. It is no longer with us.

GreekGeek

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 14, 2009, 10:06:46 AMOnce I channeled my anger into my phone. It is no longer with us.
May he rest in peace.

Brassman388

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 14, 2009, 09:01:58 AMThe standard adolescent situation. Let me guess, whenever you decide to try to do somethig for your family, they ignore or don't notice it, right? The difficult truth to accept here is, they never will. However, you shouldn't stop your efforts, you should get angry at them. You should be furious. But, to solve your problems, you need to learn to eliminate that fury altogether. Once you reach the point where you can do something for them for nothing and be happy about it, you'll have improved yourself to a level above that of an average human, to a point where you can consider yourself a good person. Your family won't see it, but you will, and that's what counts.

Bottom line, you can't solve this problem, only make it go away.

Wow, interesting notion, except that I have done almost everything I could. Including getting mad at them, I even went as far as yelling at my father when he was drunk. He usually goes into his shit-faced rants about nothing. I got fed up with it and pushed him over and nearly started to beat him. It felt amazing at the time, extremely liberating, but the after affects weren't worth as much at the time. My mother was dissapointed with my reasoning, and cast me out of life after that. It's not that they won't speak to me, it's that they won't acknowledge me as a person. They think of me as another free loader that doesn't really do anything productive for them anymore. Even though I still watch their kids and cook them food, they don't respect me as a person per say.

The problem with my parents, is that they're ignorant and extremely stubborn. Their excuse for what they do or say, is that; that's what it was like during their childhood. Meaning that they won't grow up, their constantly having to look into their childhood for answers. Instead of being an adult and formulating what they can deter from what know, rather than what they used to know.

SirIngusBingus

^Oh, that's a different problem altogether. I really don't know what to tell you there, except to follow my advice until college, then get your own place.

:-\