News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

The problem thread

Started by dahans, July 01, 2009, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: dahans on August 23, 2009, 03:08:31 PMLOL einzelgänger is a german word. (Nice Greekgeek ;) )
My problem is that I want all the people to like me. I don't know why. (I think this results from particular problems in my family). So I am a bit too "over-ambitious". I probably tend to be arrogant, since I want to show all the people that I am a talented person. This results from my cousine. My family compared him with me all the time. Thus there has always been a rivality between my family and my cousine's family. After some time my cousine's family recognised that I was somehow better than he and they started to speak bad about me. I spent a lot of nights crying in my room. I tried to avoid contact with him. But that was hardly impossible, since it's my family! And my grandmother made it even worse. She always told him my notes in school (he attends an other class). I don't know what to do, I love my family, but that's not all (unfortunately). I could tell you millions of stories like that, but that's useless. I really thought of require professional help since I was completely down, if you know what I mean.
Due to the badmouthing of my cousine's familiy, I am hated in the town, where I went to school. And one day something really bad happened to me. After a tennis lesson in this town, a drunken man hit me twice. He said I hadn't greeted him. I was 9 years old. After this incident, my family and I were shocked we didn't know what to do and the horrible thing was that the people of the town defended him! Due to this incidident I became really shy and I was afraid of talking to adultes for a long time.
Well these are some stories I wanted to tell somebody...
Here's my advice. Get your cousin into a situation that makes you look like a victim. Get him to punch you in the face in public. Beating you senselessly would be better, but something that will make the town emphasize towards you.

Warning, my methods are effective, but destructive. Use with caution.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

dahans

Thanks for your advice. You are both right.
@Ingus: That was neither rude nor offensive. This helped a lot.
@FireKirby: Yeah that's a good idea ;) and he has beaten me in public twice or three times... However this helped nothing. :D

But I am definitely not trying to act like my cousine's family. I am really trying to avoid contact with him, but it's family that's hardly possible. Yeah Ingus it costed me quite an effort to admit I am arrogant. But I think that's the wrong word, I don't know why. I wouldn't see myself as an arrogant person, more as a person to tends to be a bit arrogant. I am generally considered to be helpful and that's somehow the contrary of arrogant... But sometimes I say something which I regret afterwards and I hate that.
Thank you for that. I am trying to change for 2 years already. I gave free private lessons for my class mates, but I still have to cry sometimes, when it comes to my mind what happened to my family and me. I want to forget what happened, I want to forgive, but I can't! Every time I see him, I'd like to..... I'd better not say that.
I don't really know what to do.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SirIngusBingus

I feel pity for people like your cousin. Yes, pity. If you can get yourself to genuinely feel bad for someone who is trying his hardest to bring you down, you've reached another level of understanding.

So, the bottom line is this: Don't ignore your cousin, and don't set out to get him (meaning don't listen to SFK). Instead, try to understand why he does what he does, and why it does not bother you.

dahans

Thank you very much. This is probably a good idea.
But I know why he acts like that: He is envious. His parents kept telling him that he is the greatest. Thus he wanted to be the best in everything and he isn't.

Cobraroll

I have a problem. A small problem, but still a problem. Or more like a ques
tion bugging me. Thing is, I can't find the answer anywhere on the Net, and I don't know anyone who knows more about the subject than I do. If any of you are experienced Googlers, or very knowledgeable about Pokémon, please help.

Here comes silly question:
Not too long ago, I read a strategy analysis for the Pokémon Kyogre. It was stated there that a Modest, Max Sp.Atk Kyogre's Choice Specs backed Water Spout in the rain is the most powerful move in all of Pokémon, being at a base power of 506 and coming off a Sp.Atk stat of 438. I, being me, started to wonder what moves took the next spots?
So far, the only good candidate I've found is Modest, max Sp.Atk Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam, boosted by Adaptability and Choice Specs (Base Power 450, coming off a Special attack stat of 405).

Any help? I think the major problem is, I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable about Pokémon, and it really annoys me that I have a "hole" in the knowledge this big. And that I can't find anyone to help me.

EDIT: I'm on with a list here. We assume that the respective attack/sp.attack stats are maxed out:

1st: Choice Specs Kyogre's Water Spout under rain (Power 506, coming off a stat of 438)
2nd: Choice Band Machamp's Focus Punch with Guts ability activated (Power 337, coming off a stat of 591)
3rd:Choice Specs Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam with Adaptability ability (Power 450, stat of 408)
4th: Choice Band Medicham's Focus Punch (Power 337, stat of 480)
5th: Choice Band Rampardos' Head Smash (Power 337, stat of 471)

P.S.: Should I have posted this somewhere else instead?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

KefkaticFanatic

May I ask what the point of knowing this is?

me irl
[close]

Cobraroll

^You're welcome. I want to know just for the sake of knowing. I consider myself quite an expert on the subject, and find it annoying that I don't know it. After all, most "records" should be quite common knowledge for anyone who's as much into the games as I am.

That can be regarded as a problem as well, I guess.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

KefkaticFanatic

Yeah, I just don't find that gaining pointless knowledge is a very good use of your time.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

This is really supposed to be more of a psychology thread, but meh.

Still, I haven't got the first clue on this one. If someone else asked me, I'd probably just send them to you, Cobra.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 02, 2009, 02:11:06 PMYeah, I just don't find that gaining pointless knowledge is a very good use of your time.
For the first time ever, you actually have a good point.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Cobraroll

Who cares as long as it's fun?

Anyway, I found the answer after a few minutes of comparing stats. Next problem go ahead.

Harvest

First night of real homework and my procrastination is worse than ever.

I don't think I'll be getting this done....

damn.
-

dahans

I have a big problem. There's a girl I really really really like and she's sitting right next to me in school. Everyone tells me she has a crush on me (so do I), but I am afraid of telling her that...
I am afraid that she says no and then...
What shall I do? I am far too shy to ask her.

Harvest

You need to slip something into her drink.

-

Jamaha

No and then what? Nothing, exactly.

The best solution in most cases is just to go for it. There's not really anything to lose. Rejection? It happens. You move on.

Let's take an example, say, this guy called J, whoever that may be. He had (has) a friend whom he was greatly attracted to. However, mr. J was too shy to actually tell her and the two went as friends for like a year. Every day he hoped something would happen, but guess what...nothing does. He kept wondering if she actually considered him as more than a friend, or was all this in vain.

Eventually J just couldn't take it anymore and he asked, the last chance before moving to different cities to study. The answer was no, I consider you just a friend. And that's it, the long time of uncertainty was gone. Yes, he got rejected but he got over it. It wasn't even that bad in the end, the relief of hearing the answer was far greater than that.