News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The problem thread

Started by dahans, July 01, 2009, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: ALPRAS on July 02, 2009, 08:58:47 AM
Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 01, 2009, 06:34:38 PMALPRAS: Come to America. It is always better to travel and experience new cultures and enviornments. You could become very successful here, and I'm sure your family and girlfriend will wait for you to visit. In fact, if you're successful enough, you could very well bring them here with you in the future!

If that doesn't sound very good to you, here's an alternative: See if you can work with Nintendo of Europe or another gaming company over there. You'll be closer, and you'll still be doing what you want to, just on a smaller scale. And I'm sure that if you do well enough, the company will send you on buisness trips to America and even Japan at some point!

Thanks pal :)
Thats what I was thinking about. I was invited to work in the portuguese videogame company Ydream. It looks pretty cool, and the good t hing is that the company have affiliates in Brazil and also USA... They could send me to the USA through them.. A good start I think.

A very good call. Glad I could help.

GreekGeek, what did you need?
Quote from: dahans on July 01, 2009, 10:27:39 PMLol ingus is our psychologist.

I kinda like that.

dahans

LOL I can imagine ;).
GreekGeek, what's your problem?

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 04, 2009, 09:39:06 AM
Quote from: dahans on July 01, 2009, 10:27:39 PMLol ingus is our psychologist.

I kinda like that.
First a professor in grammar now a psychologist, Ingusman can take many forms!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

On top of that, I'm a master of 23 classes, ranging from Dragoon to Red Mage.

Anyway, what happened to GreekGeek?

SuperFireKirby

I believe whatever his problem is is probably my fault.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ALPRAS

dahans

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 05, 2009, 10:29:51 AMI believe whatever his problem is is probably my fault.
This can be possible, but I think this is not the reason. The only one who can tell us is GreekGeek.

SirIngusBingus

Who is, for some reason, stubbornly refusing to post here.

GreekGeek

Sorry for not spending my entire day at NSM anymore. I'm just very busy and since this is gonna be a long story, I couldn't post it earlier. That's the reason.

It's not SFK's fault, but it gives an example of my problem. I feel bad about myself and especially about the way I look. I can't stand lookin' in the mirror and I feel so bad when I do something wrong. I can feel bad all day for the remarks of SFK and some others. My self confidence is extremely low and often I'm just to depressed to do anything useful. That's why I takes so long for my arrangements to be finished. I feel bad about that, because it takes so long, and that makes me even more depressed. So it's a cycle.

Anyway, I don't know what to do and I hope you don't think I'm a whiner.

Jamaha

You aren't alone.

*JaMaHa descends to mortal status*

I have kinda similar problems. Well, except for the appearance part. Sure, my neck looks horrible and earned me the nickname "vulture" back then, but anyways.

The thing is, I've never been much of a socializer, but at least I had school for meeting friends. Now that it's over, I've spent months just sitting home. When the only person you can talk to is your mom, it's gonna suck.

I've spent every damn new year, 1st of May, midsummer alone. This midsummer eve I was supposed to see a friend of mine who apparently "got some other plans" leaving me sitting on IRC, not that there was anyone either, wondering what the hell went wrong. As if this whole world has a vendetta against me.

Everyone keeps telling me "you should just call your friends, I'm sure they'd like to hang out with you"....BUT I CAN'T. My self-esteem is absolutely crushed. I'm convinced no one really cares and if I'd call them they'd just be all "lol what".

So thank you, 1st through 9th grades and all those lovely people there. If your plan was to completely crush me and make me a socially unskilled outcast....you succeeded.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: GreekGeek on July 05, 2009, 11:28:37 PMSorry for not spending my entire day at NSM anymore. I'm just very busy and since this is gonna be a long story, I couldn't post it earlier. That's the reason.

It's not SFK's fault, but it gives an example of my problem. I feel bad about myself and especially about the way I look. I can't stand lookin' in the mirror and I feel so bad when I do something wrong. I can feel bad all day for the remarks of SFK and some others. My self confidence is extremely low and often I'm just to depressed to do anything useful. That's why I takes so long for my arrangements to be finished. I feel bad about that, because it takes so long, and that makes me even more depressed. So it's a cycle.

If my comments contribute to your depression I suppose I should stop them. Okay I'll stop.

ALPRAS

Quote from: GreekGeek on July 05, 2009, 11:28:37 PMSorry for not spending my entire day at NSM anymore. I'm just very busy and since this is gonna be a long story, I couldn't post it earlier. That's the reason.

Quote from: JaMaHa on July 06, 2009, 01:13:35 AMYou aren't alone.

*JaMaHa descends to mortal status*

I have kinda similar problems. Well, except for the appearance part. Sure, my neck looks horrible and earned me the nickname "vulture" back then, but anyways.

The thing is, I've never been much of a socializer, but at least I had school for meeting friends. Now that it's over, I've spent months just sitting home. When the only person you can talk to is your mom, it's gonna suck.

I've spent every damn new year, 1st of May, midsummer alone. This midsummer eve I was supposed to see a friend of mine who apparently "got some other plans" leaving me sitting on IRC, not that there was anyone either, wondering what the hell went wrong. As if this whole world has a vendetta against me.

Everyone keeps telling me "you should just call your friends, I'm sure they'd like to hang out with you"....BUT I CAN'T. My self-esteem is absolutely crushed. I'm convinced no one really cares and if I'd call them they'd just be all "lol what".

So thank you, 1st through 9th grades and all those lovely people there. If your plan was to completely crush me and make me a socially unskilled outcast....you succeeded.

Clearly an adolescence problem: Weak/no self-esteem.

I had problems like that in all my adolescence, and I know it sucks and hurts a lot, and you just enter in a estate where you dont want to do nothing at all, pessimism and depression.

Sometimes, when your friends arent with you, or just leave you for some time, you dont have to think that your friends are dont like you, or just dont care, because thats not true. And when they dont speak to you, just dont sit in front of the computer waiting for them to call. just do something, ask them to do hang out or something. And if they cant make it in a certain day, just make those plans for other day. I learned a lot with my friends, and one important thing you should make is tell them how you feel. They will understand you much more, and you'll get a deeper and greater friendship. Simple. Because after that, you'll feel better, your consciousness will not be so "heavy", you'll get greater friends, and good self-esteem :)

dahans

I fully agree with you Alpras, but there is one thing I want to add: Either you are too shy to ask your friends to hang out, or you just want to wait for them to call. However, if you just wait, they might think that you are not interested in them. I had the same problems 3 years ago.

SuperFireKirby

I once had a low self esteem. I had never had a girlfriend, I didn't have many friends, and I didn't have a picture perfect face so to speak. Then I realize something. I didn't care. I didn't care about making new friends having a girlfriend and I didn't care much about my appearance. And with that my self-esteem came back completely. Not caring about anything except school is probably the best thing that ever happened to me.