MaestroUGC's Compositions *In Progress - Symphony No. 2 in D minor - Mvt. I-IV*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 23, 2009, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

It's rather fun to let loose with. This is more of a showcase piece rather than something that's a standard written song. Really, as long as you get the main gist of the main section, have at it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jompa

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 07, 2014, 05:23:09 PMbut for now this is more of a thematic template that I'll orchestrate later.
Well if you're doing that then I should tell you that when doing block voices in big band you have all voices in the block always moving (emphasize on moving) in the same direction. That's how you achieve the big band sound. So you'll pretty much have to do that. If you were to do what you do now in a big band arrangement it would just sound weird.
This would be a very cool big band swing piece! It would be cooler if it had more variation (that's often a big part of big band music (at least the more modern kind)), but I guess that should come when working on the big band sheet.
And improv solos!
Birdo for Smash

MaestroUGC

Yeah, I'm aware of the basic rules of the style, but I've never much worked with this or jazz in a great capacity. Most of what I have worked with has been in an academic capacity. This was a method for getting the overall structure and basic idea of the piece down in a written form. I plan on doing more soloistic things in the repeated areas. I'm thinking of giving a lot of love to the rhythm section.

Jompa

Will you post it here when you decide to make it?
Birdo for Smash

MaestroUGC

Sure, it could probably use a bit of spot checking anyway.

Olimar12345

I feel like spending more coins in the game corner d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I feel like that's a reference to something I'm not familiar with.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

Yeah, see, I don't play Pokémon, so...

Olimar12345

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 08, 2014, 08:37:20 PMYeah, see, I don't play Pokémon, so...

Didn't you just write up a long pokemon medley? That led me to believe that you had... Oh well d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Yeah, I did that after researching and studying the music from the original games. That was all pieced together after about a month's worth of playing around with the different themes. The only thing I really knew well from those games was the title theme from exposure from other sources.

While most of my arrangements are done from experiencing the music from the games first hand, and thusly knowing them really well from mass exposure, I wanted to try a more rhapsodic and discovered theme with it; and I'm still working on two more.

MaestroUGC

Some more VG music. I wanted to write something with a more flowing melody, but with it tripling of steady 8ths.

Town Theme B - D1 - SoundCloud - I was really playing around with the harmonies and progressions with this one. The melody itself is in constant triplets, I wanted to evoke a pseudo-jazz feeling with a steady accompaniment underneath.

Town Theme B - D2 - SoundCloud - The Melody is given to the First Violins and Horns; with the accompaniment in the bottom strings and trombones at the end. I also altered the end before the repeat to give it more of a clear ending and beginning, instead of it just constantly going.

MaestroUGC

So I've been wanting to write a Requiem for about 5 years, I mean all the best composers have one, and I've been hanging on to a theme that was originally intended for a new symphony; but after trying to work with it I felt it was much stronger as a funeral march. A little bit of reworking to fit the text in there and I've got the opening Introit.

MUS

I plan on making this a more theatrical work than one fit for an actual Requiem Mass, but I wouldn't be the first to do so. (See: Verdi) In fact the opening and closing of the work (Libera Me) will probably feature the softest and sparsest orchestration. The Introit never features all the instruments playing at once, in fact the brass only play for 12 measures.

So here's hoping I can give the almost-dead something to look forward to.

MaestroUGC

I consider this piece a glance into my mind. I often find myself up late into the night working on music. Usually nothing in particular, but I find myself sitting at the piano and these little fragments will stand out at me, but they aren't full or complete thoughts so they often end up disappearing all the same. However, every once in a while these fragments will unite in a way that really makes the whole greater than the sum of their parts.

"Still" is a piece that exemplifies that late night elusive state of creativity and stagnation for me. Written for a string orchestra, each section is split in half, with each group playing totally unique parts until the grow together and form bright moments of unity and clarity. A simple work that was born in that state of haze and silence.

Still
for Strings

MUS
PDF
SoundCloud

Jompa

Birdo for Smash