MaestroUGC's Compositions *In Progress - Symphony No. 2 in D minor - Mvt. I-IV*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 23, 2009, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

I wrote a waltz a few weeks ago.

First of six.

No. 1 in C

I'm thinking of calling it "The Gala at Sea", I don't know, I'm not good with names.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jompa

Holy crap I love it!
The Gala at Sea was a pretty good name too :P
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

Oh this was excellent! It made me want to go on a cruise and watch the waves roll by and smell the ocean as a nice breeze passes through... makes me feel of summer.

I really loved this. An elegant, bouncy waltz. Two thumbs up.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Thank you and thank you.

See, I can write normal piano music.

Nebbles

And I think A Gala at Sea is a perfect name, hence the whole "oh a summer cruise" vibe I got from it.

Dang, I miss warm weather.

MaestroUGC

I don't. I live in Texas, warm is all we got.

Nebbles

NJ is slapping us all in the face with cold at the moment, and it's not helping my sickness. I'll take that warmth.

Jub3r7

This song made me really want to write a visual novel with this music playing in the background when you meet/talk to a specific character.

Too bad all of my story ideas are lame and I can't actually make any appealing visual art!!!!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jompa

Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 05, 2013, 06:21:23 PMThis song made me really want to write a visual novel with this music playing in the background when you meet/talk to a specific character.
HOLY MOTHERF**CKER YEEES!!!! :D :D

GET TO IT!!!!!
Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 05, 2013, 06:21:23 PMToo bad all of my story ideas are lame and I can't actually make any appealing visual art!!!!
Have you ever watched Welcome to the NHK? You see, there's a solution to that problem in there.
Birdo for Smash

Olimar12345

Trying not to sound like a dick:

Those repeated 8th notes at that speed aren't very pianistic. Also you are hitler for those middle/pinky trills.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I finished this little Polonaise I've been working on for a week and a half now.

Polonaise in D
MUS

Olimar12345

I see good ideas, but not very good execution of those ideas...I have a couple questions:

-Where is the climax of the piece?
-There is a big cadence at 130, but it is very weak, I think due to the chord choice. Is that a ii7 (add 11)? and if so, why cadence on such a weak chord? To me that F is just a horrendous note to end that on.

And several comments:

-It sounds and looks more like a piece for a large ensemble.. It doesn't sound very pianistic.
-There are lots of octaves that aren't necessary. It seems as if it was written for a comuter rather than a person, and if it was, thats cool I guess. (I'm just not into that kind of thing.)
-There seems to be a lot of copy and pasting at times. Your audience will lose interest.
-I like the idea at 75. Though it would make more sense to start soft and build it up with each repeat of that idea.
-At the andante, it seems to get boring. You repeat the same rhythm on top of the same harmony over and over, it gets tiring. another instance of this issue arises from 139-146.

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm going to listen to the entire thing... but for some reason, Measure 8 reminds me of the Champion Battle from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (is that the right song?). :P

EDIT: I like the blend of styles, yet a bit of "uniformity," so to say: you keep the same general sound going on throughout various parts of the composition. I think that the "copy and pasting" keeps the "spirit" of the song thriving.
That part at the end, from measures 228 to 243 (the last measure), was a great way to finish it.

I do agree with Olimar, though, that it seems built more "for a computer"... :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber