MaestroUGC's Compositions *In Progress - Symphony No. 2 in D minor - Mvt. I-IV*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 23, 2009, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Track 3 of my fake OST. At some point I'll need to give this non-existent game a title and gather up some fake screenshots.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/maestroz-1/kitchen-door-blues[/soundcloud]

I call this one Kitchen Door Blues, kind of a world 2-2 vibe as it's more mellow than "Swing-200" and "Sunnyside Countryside", and variety is the spice of life. The next one I make will likely be of a similar tone, but a bit brighter in mood.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

TheMarioPianist

I'm getting a sarcastic vibe from the excessive use of fake and nonexistent. Like maybe the sense that this fake OST for a nonexistent game is not what it seems...but that's just speculation. ;)  To actually comment on the song itself, I like it! I think it definitely fits the title and gives a "2-2 vibe" as you call it. Nice work yet again!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

MaestroUGC

Oh no, this is basically a collection of pieces intended to be part of a game that doesn't exists.

Music for the Unmade Game, as I like to call it. Of course in my head I'm drafting what this supposed game would be like, but I'm not skilled enough to actually make said game outside of a design standpoint.

mikey

he's hoping some game company will feel sorry enough for him that they'll pick up his music
unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 12, 2015, 10:52:46 AMhe's hoping some game company will feel sorry enough for him that they'll pick up his music
Oh please, game companies would be begging to have Maestro as a composer.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

Maestro I think you would benefit greatly from restricting the number of voices you write for. Imo, experimenting with fewer voices would challenge you to give more consideration to each individual voice, at least for an exercise. (not swinging at your current quality or anything.) That's what I'd have someone in your shoes do.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I finished the Robin Hood Quartet.

Remember to brush your hair.

Love,
Saucy Kitchen Spoon

MaestroUGC

Oh, it appears I never actually posted the Robin Hood Quartet.

Oh well.

Sebastian

That song is so cool!
Only if I had 2 violins and a viola to play with :P

MaestroUGC

Mr. Fjord's Train of Overly Reasonable Accommodations

"The elusive Mr. Fjord is a travel tycoon, and his luxury train 'The Galloping Wombat' is just one of his many enterprises. One of his enterprises of evil! Jump and bound as you attempt to bring this monstrously overly accommodating and reasonably affordable transportation to a stop before it reaches... The Next Town!"

"Mr. Fjord is a bad guy, trust me."

Who doesn't love a good train level, and an auto-scroller at that?

Pianist Da Sootopolis

A nice little train tune. Very nice. It's simple, and it benefits from that.
what is shitpost

Magic Mole

This would fit a train level more than most songs that are actually in train levels. If I heard the song alone without any context, I'd definitely picture something moving. Really catchy tune, great job. A+ description as well, Mr. Fjord sounds like quite the contemptible curmudgeon.

MaestroUGC

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I had to stop after about 3 minutes because of my raging headache.
When does the music actually start? Or the thing that's supposed to capture my attention, whatever that may be.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

This is probably my favorite thing you've done so far. I love the implementation of simultaneous pieces working against each other to create a sort of musical-collage. I think what might help though (and what PDS was getting at) would be the implementation of a form. Right now it sounds like it just swells up and down several times in an unplanned manner.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!