MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

All I want is to see someone try to play at least one song. Just see, is that so much to ask for? :(

KefkaticFanatic

If he were to make them both impressive and playable like this guy, then it would be reasonable.  But no, he has no regard for anything but the sound it makes through his computer.  Not the physical technique, playability, anything.

Prime example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phi1b175Qg

me irl
[close]

raymondbl

Quote from: universe-X on April 20, 2010, 03:33:06 PMAll I want is to see someone try to play at least one song. Just see, is that so much to ask for? :(

no.  i got it...posting to youtube...

universe-X

^Well, I saw some of your other videos... oh my God :o You are already so much better than me! Moonlight Sonata 3rd Movement was just insane... and one month's practice!? 8) I have found a challenge  ;D :P Now, I'm also really looking forward to your playing ;)

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 20, 2010, 04:38:15 PMBut no, he has no regard for anything but the sound it makes through his computer.  Not the physical technique, playability, anything.

And you know this... how? He does pay attention to the physicality of the pieces and has done intense studying on what to consider, the limits of the human hands. The playablity is from a virtuoso's point of view (so-to-speak), and I know you've had some experience with such songs, but...

KefkaticFanatic

There are multiple arrangements that are physically impossible.  I don't remember exact ones, but I've pointed them out in previous posts.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 31, 2010, 01:50:23 PMdahans is right about 48-53.  There are chords that are unplayable.  Otherwise it's just stressing.

Stuff like this. It was intended to be glissed, I've done it, it's perfectly possible.

KefkaticFanatic

Then put a mark there telling you to do so.  Also the fact that the chord progression is too stressing.  Technically it's playable, but not realistically.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Well, it's not like you have to really keep your fingers on the chord :-\

Mark telling me to do so: glissando/arpeggio?

Brassman388

MaestroUGC

Ok...the difference between a viruoso and a normal performer: interpretation.

That's what it all come down to. I know the limits of humans, quite well, and I have come nowhere near that...yet.

Kekfka...I've seen you play...eh.

My arrangements may sound the same, who cares? Beethoven sounds like Beethoven; Liszt like Liszt. Every composer uses the same tricks in their compositions, it is not uncommon.

Also, competent players don't need to be told to gliss a large chord.

P.S. I can't play my own arrangements...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

:P What I've seen is that Virtuoso:Kaizo. And you know when it's Kaizo when "Not even the creator of the game can play it!"

KefkaticFanatic

It really would help you Maestro if you didn't act like such a prick about everything.  Talking like your arrangements are for a different kind of performer, that it's "far too advanced" for normal people, this does nothing but make you look like an asshole.

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 21, 2010, 08:30:19 PMTalking like your arrangements are for a different kind of performer, that it's "far too advanced" for normal people, this does nothing but make you look like an asshole.
...virtuoso...hmmm...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 21, 2010, 08:30:19 PMIt really would help you Maestro if you didn't act like such a prick about everything.  Talking like your arrangements are for a different kind of performer, that it's "far too advanced" for normal people, this does nothing but make you look like an asshole.

Well, could an average performer play this just as well as a person with 10s of years of practice?

And talking the way you do does nothing but make you look like an asshole. But hey, everyone loves hypocrisy...

Nintendude73