News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

A PM, that way I can review it and post it, and I'll gaive anyone who plays their credit.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Seeker

I just looked at your Dr. Mario arrangement. I really liked your technique of starting slow and then accelerando to full blast in the Mario Water level, but I really don't think it works with that piece.

Just my $0.02.
This is a signature.

MaestroUGC

All hospitals have a waiting room...playing simple elevator music.

Empathica1928

Just my two cents about some of the arrangements, like in the Mario overworlds and all that...  I think the left hand parts in the middle of the arrangement could be omitted entirely and replaced with the original feel.  Like in Hop Hop Donut Lifts, when the left hand starts to play the lead that the right hand was playing, it loses a lot of punch that the song had.  When the left is playing the same thing the right is, and especially when the left plays a melody (like in HHDL), it just loses a lot of the rhythmic bounce and meaty sound in the bass.

Might be something to think about.  Just my observation.  Otherwise, well done.

dahans

Hop Hop Donut Lifts are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT WORK!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

MaestroUGC

Deku Palace from Majora's Mask added...a very savage piece it is.

Birabuto from Super Mario Land 1 coming soon...maybe...

Seeker

This is a signature.

KHRZ

Good arrangement, I always hated the song though (Listened to it for 2 hours as kid trying to get past the deku platforms to the cage monkey)

MaestroUGC

Frustrations aside, you learn to love all music...despite lost time and horrible memories.

Seeker

Question about the Lost Woods. There's a small discrepancy: It gives 150 by the tempo marking, but Finale plays it at 120. I'm assuming the 150 is correct?
This is a signature.

MaestroUGC

Huh, well I checked it and plays at the right tempo, it just says 120, I don't know why though. So the 150 is correct.

Taser9090

Sorry I didn't reply for about a month, it's because I don't have internet. I've listened to Deku Palace, and it sounds amazing :D

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

MaestroUGC

Super Mario Land Medley added.

Happy Halloween. I'm really sorry this took so long to get posted, but I was having issues with Finale. I now work with 2010 so these issues are now resolved. Also, I want some reccomendations for two Final Fantasy Themes to arrange. Please only two unless I say otherwise.

Coming soon (I promise): Super Mario Galaxy-Final Bowser Theme

Cobraroll

Oh, Finale 2010...

Am I the only one who finds it retarded that Finale release an entirely new program whenever a new version is out, instead of providing a patch for the program you already have on your computer? It's almost like asking this question to consumers:

"You have to download a new program in order to view this file. Do you want to log on to our page, go through a stupid password retrieval process and download a very basic program you already have on your computer from there, or go to Google and pirate our most extensive product? Both alternatives requires an equal amount of time and effort"

I'll comment on the arrangement later. In half an hour, when Reader '10 is fully downloaded. If Reader '11 is more than just a patch for Reader '10, I'll pirate a higher product of theirs.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC