News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brassman388

Quote from: Empathica1928 on August 08, 2009, 01:20:52 PMI think I just have a 'different' style of playing.  I've been self-taught all my life and can do some pretty crazy things on the piano, but every day I see things online and even in person that make me feel completely below another person's level.  I guess I'm kind of a minimalist in that I like my music to be as uncomplicated as possible while still retaining the sound and conveying the message.  I'm very picky with what I play, and I personally just don't like unnecessary octave playing and chords on every 8th note, let alone both on the same hand.

And that's completely fine, that's why we have arrangers. So that way, there are many different versions and songs at many different levels. Just request something that you like, from an arranger that has the same style that you have. We have many arrangers with many styles. I'm pretty sure too that, if you ask nicely, that Maestro will happily ablige into making you a more simpler, more elegant piece that you wish to play.

In the meantime, happy playing.

Empathica1928

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 08, 2009, 02:29:21 PM
Quote from: Empathica1928 on August 08, 2009, 01:20:52 PMI think I just have a 'different' style of playing.  I've been self-taught all my life and can do some pretty crazy things on the piano, but every day I see things online and even in person that make me feel completely below another person's level.  I guess I'm kind of a minimalist in that I like my music to be as uncomplicated as possible while still retaining the sound and conveying the message.  I'm very picky with what I play, and I personally just don't like unnecessary octave playing and chords on every 8th note, let alone both on the same hand.

And that's completely fine, that's why we have arrangers. So that way, there are many different versions and songs at many different levels. Just request something that you like, from an arranger that has the same style that you have. We have many arrangers with many styles. I'm pretty sure too that, if you ask nicely, that Maestro will happily ablige into making you a more simpler, more elegant piece that you wish to play.

In the meantime, happy playing.

I will have to look into that, then.  I'm a regular user of the main site, but I'm fairly new to the forums.  Thank you!

MaestroUGC

So is this issue resolved? The last thing I want is my thread to be filled with hatred towards each other over my music.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

GreekGeek

Empathica1928

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 08, 2009, 03:16:53 PMSo is this issue resolved? The last thing I want is my thread to be filled with hatred towards each other over my music.

Yea.  And there's definitely no anger going on here, just different perspectives and opinions is all!  Good luck with your writing, I'll still check them out since they're cool to listen to.

MaestroUGC

I respect your minimal preferences...but three notes is pushing it. At least it's not 4'33"...no disrespects to John Cage. But I want to pose a question to those who support my music.

Would any of you be willing to record my arrangements?

As I previously stated I can barely play my arrangements, and I know a few of you can. Would you simply film yourself playing?

I post all of my arrangements and my own compositions on YouTube, and they are simply audio files with a title screen. An actual performance will add color to my library.

Please get back to me on this...Hop Hop Donut Lifts will be completed soon, I promise.

Brassman388

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 08, 2009, 09:25:25 PMWould any of you be willing to record my arrangements?

I have a friend that might be able to, I'll see if she will be willing to learn them.

KHRZ

I record most the songs I play for youtube, I will record LoZ overworld theme when I've learned it well (Could take 1-2 months though...). It's the song I'm working 2nd most on, there's another one I've almost learned full speed that is of my highest interest right now.
I might get into your SMB2 and SMB3 arrangments later (in a month or two maybe) but at this point I can't promise anything for them.

MaestroUGC

Hop Hop Donut Lifts from Yoshi's Island.

Up next - Duke Palace from Majora's Mask in the future...hopefully soon.

Cobraroll

As usual, awesome. But I think parts of page 3 could benefit from some 8va.

That's all I have to say, really. Keep up!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

Gooch

For me, with the new piece, i like 5/6 pages. My problem is that in the final page you kinda have things beating out and power chords left and right, but then you kinda end...not weak, just, dull. As in, not exactly milk, but not quite a milk shake (a penny to everyone that got that). If it were me, i would end on a chord after your sextuplets (i think?)

MaestroUGC

I tried that, but it seemed really cliche and akward...at least to me. Besides interpretation is left up to the players.

Olimar12345

wrong chords, missed rythems, overall sloppy arrangement (just critisizm, no intention to offend) a really noticable problem is in measure 9(and every measure like it) the last 2 beats' chords are incorrect. here, i made a small ensamble of this song a while back-it should help u. other than that, nice creativity, i would really like 2 see this song on the site. keep up the good work!

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Seeker

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 08, 2009, 09:25:25 PMWould any of you be willing to record my arrangements?
Sure thing. I'm working on Lost Woods at the moment. I don't have a video camera, so I just replace the video with game footage. I'm already working on two pieces for some friends, but after that I can go at it hard core. Doesn't seem too bad. Could probably get it done by mid-September, unless I've horribly underestimated my schedule next year. Anyway, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Just realized I probably won't have my recording equipment at college. Not sure if anyone else will be bringing a camera. If not, I'll be able to do it over break though.

Should I just post it here when I'm done then, or would you prefer a PM?
This is a signature.