News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Whatever's more convenient for you. How it is now, split into two hands, would be more than sufficient.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

In that case, just take the top notes and jack them up an octave, or just add the octave on top of that, for open octaves, if you want.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MaestroUGC

[N64] Mario Party-"Eternal Star"-MaestroUGC MUS MID PDF

YouTube

Oh boy, what have I done? Parallel thirds and octaves, rapid jumps, the works. And loud too. This is a workout for precision, dexterity for the 4-5 fingers, and speed. This is probably the hardest arrangement I've ever done, from a purely technical viewpoint.

Up next: SM64-"Hazy Maze Cave"  Oh, what an arrangement it will be...

fingerz

Sorry Maestro, but Rainbow Road is impossible to play. You'd have to take a video of yourself playing it in order for me to believe you.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

MaestroUGC

I thought I'd put my recent entry for the Arrangement Contest for people who wish to see it, it's also in the OP.

Mushroom Kingdom Folk Waltz-MUS YouTube

fingerz

Oh, no troubles! I just don't see how you can play it that fast. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

Speed isn't so much of an issues as endurance is for those parts.

TheMisterLaster

Hey maestro, can you tell me what you think of my Faster than All from Mario Party Virtuoso Arrangement?

http://www.mediafire.com/?eppakl9b2gp7cc3

Every melody holds great power, only you can release it.

MaestroUGC

Not bad, it reminds of alot of my earlier arrangements, with nothing but chords everywhere. There were some moments where the bass line didn't match the rest of the piece, is this your first time arranging?

TheMisterLaster

Haha, I guess thats good? this isn't quite my first ever arrangememt, but it is the first one that i completed it and the way I wanted it to be. About the baseline, do you mean throughout the fast parts or the slow part?

MaestroUGC

The faster sections, the arpeggios in the left hand don't always match the chords established in the right. On the whole this is good, it just needs to be looked at a bit closer and polished.

TheMisterLaster

Hmm...okay, I reviewed it several times, I can only really see that in one place It's  on the fastest part at the end, I can't really see it anywhere else thought because the baseline is pretty much the same throughout, but here, see if it sounds better now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?myym6lt9a5g33yj

MaestroUGC

It's better, tomorrow I'll send you a measure-by-measure look at what you've done, and how you could do it better/cleaner and a look at errors.

I should tell you all that I'm down to my last three arrangements, and even though I am filled by both sadness and relief, those feelings are overcome by an overwhelming since of apathy. I don't know why, but whenever I sit down to begin crafting Hazy Maze Cave I can't bring myself to do to move past the first couple of measures. I already know what I want to do with it, I just can't sit down to piece it all together.

However, I find myself wanting to take on another project, and I want your input. I want to do an orchestration, but more than just that, a symphony. That's right, an entire, four movement symphony based upon some video game themes. I'm thinking either Mario (before Sunshine), Zelda (before Wind Waker), or Banjo-Kazooie. I would like your input as to what I should do, it can either be as broad as the franchise or as prcise as particular pieces you would like to see in it. Note: I won't get started on this until after May, when I've completed my own original symphony. I'd rather not work on two monumental pieces at once.