News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

MaestroUGC

It appears I've found myself in a rather difficult spot...I'm still looking for a piece to arrange to fill the hole that "Champion of Destruction" left. I thought I found one, but I can't quite do anything with it other than a direct transcription. Plus school has taken a great deal of my time, so I'm looking to do a small medley of the Super Mario Bros. 3 Map Themes, and rework them into a style much like Hamelin's "Triple Etude". Super Mario Bros. 2 has taken a back seat to everything else, as result, I've only finished 8 measures of it thus far (I had more, but I started over because I didn't like the way it was turning out.) I'll make sure to release hose two by the end of thanksgiving break, since my other major projects are completed.

In other news, while I did orchestrate the Tetris theme about I year ago, I listened to it again, and as such, I want to make a full concert work out of it: "Fantasy on Korobeiniki, For Piano and Orchestra". This will essentially be a theme and variations, with some additional thematic material as well. This has nothing to do with my paraphrases, but I thought it might share this news with all of you.

fingerz

Excellent! I can't wait to see what you can do with that beloved theme! :)
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

[NES]DR. Mario-"Chill"-MaestroUGC MUS MID PDF
YouTube

Yep, I did this instead. It's a study in heavily syncopated rhythms, dexterity for both hands (mainly left), and chromaticism.

Up Next: [SNES]Donkey Kong Country-"Jungle Groove/Island Swing"

spitllama

Awesome arrangement! Always love the accuracy of these cool songs you choose. The SSBB version of this is great too.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MaestroUGC

And a revision:
[NES]Super Mario Bros. 2-"Overworld"-MaestroUGC MUS MID PDF
YouTube

The next revision will be Lost Woods, and man does it need it.

Taser9090

Wow, sounds really great. :D Makes me think if anybody is able to play these arrangements...

Oh, and the Fountain of Dreams link is broken.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

MaestroUGC

Happy New Year everyone! Here is a piece I wrote to celebrate New Year's Eve tomorrow. I would've waited until tomorro to release this, but I doubt I'll be even near a computer tomorrow. This piece has influences from a few Russian Composers, bonus points if you can name them. I suggest you give the YouTube video a listen for a higher quality audio. Enjoy!

New Year's Festival Overture
MUS
YouTube

MaestroUGC

Here comes another one:
[SNES]Donkey Kong Country-"Jungle Groove"-MaestroUGC MUS MID PDF
YouTube

This time I exlpored contrasting dotted eighth-sixteenth patterns against swung triplets to make it a study of polyrhythmic patterns with a bit of atonality. Enjoy.

Up Next: Luigi's Mansion-"Boolossus"
I hope you all have been studying up on your Legeti, hehehe.

Cobraroll

Nice arrangement. The original is an excellent piece, but really relies on percussion to sound awesome, and this is a difficult thing to imitate on the piano. Still, I think you did a great job.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MaestroUGC

Yeah, the percussion really drove the original, so I did my best to at least preserve the rhythmic feel they gave until the more melodic portions took over.

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

starrgrl24

oh man, this is waaaaaay awesome. Someday I will play this. @.@ You really did a great job with this.

I like chocolate. :3

dahans

Quote from: starrgrl24 on January 07, 2012, 04:21:12 PMoh man, this is waaaaaay awesome. Someday I will play this. @.@ You really did a great job with this.
Absolutely true. Way to go. I absolutely love it. I am a bit jealous right now^^.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Winter

Fun listen ^.^

My computer had trouble keeping up with the arrangement. heheh