MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 13, 2011, 08:51:58 PMQuality feedback in a timely fashion. Isn't this what you arrangers with threads cry for? Lol.
Yes, feedback is great. You presented me with the chord progression for the original, which had a few errors upon a couple of tests. I didn't transcribe the original, I paraphrased it. I altered that ii chord to make that measure a constant V, so when the motif repeats, it allows me to raise that G to a G#, making the new chord a III, which is the correct chord. I'll admit, I screwed up on that following vi chord, but it still resolved to the V. I liked the progression of the line, G-G#-A-G-F-G-C, and built around it. There's only two major things I altered, and one minor change that better fit my purposes. I wasn't looking at this piece through the blinders of theory, I was looking at this piece from the perspective of technique. I made a goal and I achieved it, and it works.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Yes, but your arranging a piano solo to sound like an existing song-the least you could do is play the correct changes for the head of the chart.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I was never happy with how my arrangement of the Windmill Hut from Ocarina of Time turned out, so I did it again.

[N64]The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-"Windmill Hut"-MaestroUGC MUS MID PDF

This is a study on crossing hands, I hope you guys don't get too dizzy from playing this.

Still to come, Super Mario Bros. 2 "Overworld" revision and Super Paper Mario "Champion of Destruction"...or not. I'll get back to you on that last one.

Bespinben

Wow, the sheet looks beautiful! I can tell you spent a lot of time considering technique and playability for your interpretation of "Windmill Hut."
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bloop

DonValentino

I saw it once during playback, but when it finished, it disappeared!  :o
Try downloading the file again or open it again, I don't really know.  :-\

MaestroUGC

That's just Finale acting up, it'll be fine on the PDF and when you print it. I have no idea why it does that, or how to fix it.

Olimar12345

Your a mad man!

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I know that, I had fun trying to get that technique down while writing this.

fingerz

Quote from: MaestroUGC on October 19, 2011, 06:18:52 PMI was never happy with how my arrangement of the Windmill Hut from Ocarina of Time turned out, so I did it again.

[N64]The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-"Windmill Hut"-MaestroUGC MUS MID PDF

This is a study on crossing hands, I hope you guys don't get too dizzy from playing this.
...You can play this, right? :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

Part of me wants to learn this just because of the challenge it poses...

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26