MaestroUGC's Virtuoso Submissions *Nihil*

Started by MaestroUGC, June 18, 2009, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sekter77

Thanks for the virtuoso arrangements Maestro! You always knew how to put an interesting spin on familiar pieces. Good luck out there!
Guitar and video games.

DonValentino

Quote from: Clanker37 on August 12, 2011, 02:51:08 AMPerhaps a successor for virtuoso arrangements on the site?

If so, a talented arranged could do the job. *cough* DekuTrombonist! *cough!*
Anyways, I think that everyone who feels very, and I say VERY, inspired could do a virtuoso. Not always the same arranger. Just saying.

Bloop

Quote from: WarioMan98 on August 13, 2011, 10:15:30 AMIf so, a talented arranged could do the job. *cough* DekuTrombonist! *cough!*
Anyways, I think that everyone who feels very, and I say VERY, inspired could do a virtuoso. Not always the same arranger. Just saying.
Agreed

MaestroUGC

I'm looking not for someone who is a talented arranger, though by nature they will need to be; I want someone who can look at the music in a new way, and be able to present it as such. They don't have to follow my virtuoso style, but can adopt a new style for themselves. It also needs to be voluntary.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 14, 2011, 12:04:24 PMI'm looking not for someone who is a talented arranger, though by nature they will need to be; I want someone who can look at the music in a new way, and be able to present it as such. They don't have to follow my virtuoso style, but can adopt a new style for themselves. It also needs to be voluntary.
Ah, I understand now. To arrange music is not to simply copy, but to add your own touch to it and make it something that can stir emotions. :)

I felt very emotional after listening to your redo of Tetris Type A, MaestroUGC. That was pure brilliance! It's by far my favourite song and you have done such a wonderful job at making it more than an arrangement! Thank you so much! :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

My Dear Patrons,

The Medley is complete, you can expect it later this week. The reason for this delay in release because of another project of mine that I want to finish before posting DK64. It isn't a revision, but something else I had been wanting to do and I am nearly done with it.

That is all for now.

MaestroUGC

MaestroUGC

And know, the moment you may have been waiting for...

[N64] Donkey Kong 64-"Medley"-MaestroUGC
-Part I - MUS MID PDF

If you want to listen to it with a better sound font than Finale's generic piano, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRTXFt5LYEs

Part II is coming tomorrow, enjoy.

dahans

I like it :D! Sounds good to me! I listened to it on youtube and I must say it sounded really real... where did you get this "generic piano"?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

pumpy_heart

I like how the Donkey Kong Medley sounds thus far. Brings back a ton of memories. Reminded me how most of the soundtrack was one tune too haha. As with most of your stuff, it has overlaps and unplayable portions. But I guess we've gotten used to that.
The only real thing that irked me was the whole Jungle Japes section. The section should either be in all jazz "swinging" eighths, quarter - eighth in 12/8, or quarter triplet - eighth triplet. The offset and indecision of choosing one of these methods really made the section awkward tempo wise.

MaestroUGC

Bloop

DonValentino

Sorry if I bother, but... Is there a part IV of the Banjo-Kazooie Suite? In the .rar are: I, II, III, V and VI. Missing IV?  ???

MaestroUGC

Movements III and IV are on the same file, as are movements VI and VII.

DonValentino

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 29, 2011, 02:35:57 PMMovements III and IV are on the same file, as are movements VI and VII.

Oh! Thanks!  :)
Awsome work, as always, BTW.